What kind of racing do you guys like?

35 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of racing?

and I am an F1 nut if anyone is wondering, Sebastian Vettel FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!!!!, I dont care if you like him or not, the mammajamma is the fastest man on the circut, maybe ever.

for modern drivers, between him, Schumacher, and Senna (RIP), IDK who is better.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we voting as spectators or participants? Live or on TV?

I don't have the wallet or the balls to race anything open wheeled, especially on dirt. Have crewed on them. Sprint cars are awesome to watch though.

I lack the discipline to road race. I would crash for sure. I would still like to try it someday. don't watch it much 

I co drove a rally car for a short period. Was also a starter(good way to get pelted with rocks)  It was fun, but the HUGE ego's ruined it. Great to watch. 

Nascar, country music, WWF, the royal fork, sleeping with family members. I guess I don't drink enough.

Would love to try desert racing (Baja 1000) and possibly land speed (salt flats)

I currently bracket race, and am pretty hooked. But I hardly ever watch the pro level stuff, and haven't watched them live for a few years. Too much drama.

To each his own I guess.

I remember when the IMSA series was on TV, I was a young kid and was absolutely fixated on it every weekend... I loved when the announcers would get into technical details about the cars.

Also, agree that NASCAR has got to be seen in person... its more than just a race, but an experience... watch Richard Hammond from Top Gear do a report about it, even Clarkson agreed... reluctantly lol. 'MURICA!!

-Robert

• Like 1

I love grassroots and proam drifting. By the time you reach formula d level. You lose the roots if drifting and the uniqueness of different setups. Everyone has mostly S chassis with v8's

reply to orignal posts, any kinds of racing that isnt an OVAL TRACK.

Or do it like real grassroots Japanese drifting (read: touge)... do that shit downhill on mountain twisty switchbacks. Id watch that in a heartbeat. 

Touge? Drifting?  Who would ever want to drift on a touge circuit?  You'd lose.

And yes, I love touge, where an S15 is considered a heavy car.  Because I know what those roads are like, and my car is built like a touge car. 

Touge? Drifting? Who would ever want to drift on a touge circuit? You'd lose.

You misunderstand. I'm not saying they are the same thing, not at all. I'm saying that drifting came from touge. Maintaining speeds through windy corners, trying to pass the leader, etc are all common elements. Not the same, but share the same roots.

I prefer touge as there is a clear and definitive winner and the cars are built for all around effectiveness instead of power and steering angle.

• Like 1

You misunderstand. I'm not saying they are the same thing, not at all. I'm saying that drifting came from touge. Maintaining speeds through windy corners, trying to pass the leader, etc are all common elements. Not the same, but share the same roots.

I prefer touge as there is a clear and definitive winner and the cars are built for all around effectiveness instead of power and steering angle.

Ah, the way you worded it sounded like you want to watch touge where people are drifting .... as in been watching too much initial D.  :rofl:

I'm all for drifting for fun, don't get me wrong... even more fun on a tight windy road.

Ah, the way you worded it sounded like you want to watch touge where people are drifting .... as in been watching too much initial D. :rofl:

I'm all for a little Initial D, but its not the end all be all of street driving (like a lot of fanbois like to think haha).

Anything but brag racing... skill levels of dropping the hammer in a world class dragster compared to controlling a world class rally machine are very different. Plus most guys who are solely into brag racing are all about ego, and very ignorant towards other forms of motorsports, which makes for a very poor entertainment factor unless you like girly drama lol.

-Robert

All motorsports are about ego! Show me one that is not and I will show you some seriously bored people!

who cares about ego, I watch to see fast cars win. I dont think that Many real drivers have a huge ego. at least not publicly.

I mean hey, ask any driver, any real driver, it doesnt matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winnings winning.

• Like 1

I like most forms of racing, especially motorcycle racing. The Springfield Mile was on this weekend and was badass.. I want to try to get down to the Sacramento Mile this year, or next for sure.

I think drifting is a sport for sure, but def not racing. More like a sales pitch for tire companies and energy drinks.

I like racing to the fridge to grab an ice cold beer.. now that's racing.

I hate it when I have to race to the can and my wife's in there.

• Like 1