Any Fisherman?

POST YOUR PICS!

I'm really getting into fishing this year. Mainly ocean fish. Last week I tried my hand at surf fishing and the 4 of us caught quite a few stingray, shovel nose, thorn backs and croaker. This weekend the lady and I are going on a 1 1/2 day out of San Diego to get some yellowtail and bluefin tuna. Anyways maybe someone out there has a boat and looking for people to join them on the open seas Lol. Also pics are fun. Hopefully I can add some big ass yellowtail and bluefin pics soon

null_zpscfa94264.jpg

null_zpsfb9a2b9d.jpg

null_zps4f6735a5.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, this is relevant !  I've been in Oceanside for almost 8 years now and just went on a 3/4 day charter out of Dana Point last weekend for the first time.

Kind of crappy day though...  we  found a good spot but a sea lion messed it all up and all downhill from there.  Pot was won with a sheepshead at only about 8 ~9  pounds... was disappointed, tired, and pissed...  didn't really pay attention to details.

Definitely want to try again, maybe even with a higher-end charter... too many lines crossing on this last one.   I work with some Marines who like to fish (ones who got me out on this last trip), but would be cool to include some Ratsuns !

Heck yes I fish!

Trying to get out crabbing here soon in the Puget sound. Humpys (pink salmon) run in late july through aug even september in the rivers!  Gunna be great!

Did ok on lingcod this spring.

1484.jpg

1480.jpg

1477.jpg

1468.jpg

Pat big boy

1506.jpg

Then we hooked into this dandy Halibut. The DAY THE SEASON ENDED. About died......  

Vid

• Like 2

Hell yes, I love fishing,Pacific Northwest is salmon fishing heaven   :thumbup:  

I only have a few fish pics because I recently lost all my pics off my computer unfortunately but I think ive got a couple somewhere here...

Couple of kings and a few jacks out of the Willipa river.

29165_116454341719449_507230_n.jpg

A couple more kings...

29165_116454338386116_4207989_n.jpg

Cutthroat trout

29165_116454331719450_232017_n.jpg

I like Salmon fishing, but I love hiking up to high mountain lakes and fishing for trout.  One of my favorite places is Tatoosh Lakes. I wish I still had some pics from up there. Ill cheat and google one

14039321.jpg

I could go on and on about the fishing around here   :lol:

• Like 2

O and VintageRice-

Ya need to fish for the kings and dodge those humpys man, They are not worth a damn when compared to kings or cohos...Fighting them is not as much fun and eating them is not as good  ;)

But I wont deny that any fish on the end of a line is better then no fish  :lol:

• Like 1

No Ulua shots.  I call em Papio unless they get for real big.  Big Island ass why.  

Get Consolation though.  OPIHIIIIIi!  love em.  

P1080009.jpg

The fish are only half the fun though.  Here is what I see when I fish.  This was mostly Moloka'i

IMG_0255.jpg

MolokaiSunset01.jpg

_1070986.jpg

MolokaiSunset02.jpg

_1070976.jpg

_1070972.jpg

_1070919copy.jpg

_1070917.jpg

^Thats the best spot.  50# plus from cliff cast.  It's right by... Nah.

_1070906copy.jpg

Always bring my camera.  

• Like 3
Guest Rick-rat

I mostly trout fish in lakes, don't go out to often but I enjoy it when I go

When I was young I was on a charter boat out of Ilwaco for a while...................  I was a master baiter

• Like 1

1/4" under a keeper.......

IMG_0179_zpsba891072.jpg

37" 18lbs. Hali

IMG_0180_zps212ba3af.jpg

Another Hali..

IMG_0181_zps1ccbb2df.jpg

Striper...

IMG_0103_zps179642e4.jpg

Fighting what I thought was a sturgeon for 37 min...

IMG_0060_zpsade9b509.jpg

..............it was just a massive skate.