79 620 Pickup

Hi Everyone,

I'm brand new to your forum and glad to be here. I bought a 620 regular cab 20 years ago.

It was an abandoned project a guy sold me when he had young kids and didn't want to mess with it any longer. I have dragged it around forever and finally got it running after 7 years.

I want to restore it and am in need of some parts. I will post pictures soon, and list what I need. I used  to be a member of Scenic Truckers of So. Cal. and the last run I went to was Resolutions in 1980. Do they still meet in Glen Helen Park?

Now I am 54 years old and still love my Datsun. I would sure like to get any input from you as to what is still availiable for parts. My bed is rusted badly and I would like to find one from Cali or Arizona if possible. I also need a rear carrier bearing for the driveshaft. Thanks.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

don't need to look hard for the carrier for the driveshaft hell, look on ebay or which auto store can get for you.  Try Rock Auto.  Patienc at the local pull a part will get you a bed for a couple hundred.  Have some faith the parts are still out there....

I have some pictures to post. Can someone tell me how to post them? I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

theirs a sticky in General Discussion about how to post pic's. BUT

what you need is a photo host like flicker or photo bucket are just a few. Then you down load pic's from your computer to PB / flick, copy IMG code then paste it on " reply to this topic ".

as for looking for parts. Their is the classifieds which is at the top of every page.

good luck & welcome to Ratsun.  Also, if you need info, please go to Google, type your question then put Ratsun after it.  :thumbup: