Options for rear window weatherstrip/ Thailand weatherstrip

I have read some of you guys say in past threads to avoid the Thai rear window seals, for the 510s for example, well how bad are they? cause I am low on options for reinstalling the rear window in my 1984 maxima 910.

the thailand one is available for $90 shipped

what style weatherstrip do the 510s and trucks take anyway? is it the same "s" type as the 910?

has anyone used universal S type and fit it to the back glass? I was told you cant do this because of the tight corners.

any ideas?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was told that It will shrink and thats why you cant do it, because it will not be a continuous piece, not saying that guy was right, that was one persons opinion. Steele rubber offers some correctly sized stuff for about 4.20 a foot, but its continuous, no corners, I am seriously considering trying it......

are you saying cut the corners to stay in ?

The Thailand wheather strip you are talking about, are those the Sunpha ones?

I heard good things about them? But who knows.. I've heard shitty things about a lit of weather strips that aren't OEM.

• 1 month later...

they emailed me back, it is not the Sunpha brand. they said it is another factory. I think im gonna pull the trigger on it if i cant find a better option, since it seems its my only option at this point.

Did you buy this? Looking for review.

I would buy it it will be better then the factory old dried out one 

worst case it cracks and they replace it or you silicone it either way it will be better then old dried out stuff 

post reviews when you get it 

I got some thailand strips.

I got the outer squeegee and im stumped because it didnt come with clips and i dont know how to put it on.

I don't know how to put any stripping on for that matter.

any ideas?

edit: it is good quality to me. 

Guys, I ended up getting an OEM one. It was manufactured this year too. Nissan still makes it in Japan. I would check this for your cars ass well.

Go to amayama.com and enter the part number. Thats where I got mine. It is brand new and excellent quality in a Nissan parts bag, and with a Nissan parts sticker.

IDK what cars they still make them for, but check it out.