my new 74 620

67411sss

I found this gem the other day. Original owner (80 year old japanese mechanic) How often do you come across that combination? Talked to him about selling her and was very surprised to find out he was willing to sell. Daily driver, only thing wrong is the speedo cable fell out and needs reattached. Original L18 A87 , she has some dents and surface rust  where the stone chips are but no rust on the floor. She even has a period Gemtop shell. Feeling really lucky right now. Big shout out to exit64 for helping make this happen.

Image2_zpsc07abfdf.jpg

IMG_1931_zps35b6c6e9.jpg

IMG_1923_zps539af180.jpg

IMG_1930_zpsb9a1381d.jpg

IMG_1929_zpsfa0fdefe.jpg

IMG_1927_zps0ef9111f.jpg

IMG_1925_zps7f96787c.jpg

IMG_1922_zps12809115.jpg

IMG_1921_zpsc107e605.jpg

IMG_1919_zps7d60cd9d.jpg

• Like 3
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The plan is to drive it everyday . She is an excellent driver overall . Probably do the usual 620 mods and just enjoy over the summer months and the winter cos she doesn't leak at all . On a side note I reattached the speedo cable yesterday now it works but has a click and the needle jumps from 0-15 mph when I drive slow must be missing something in there.

• Like 1

^ that - or - perhaps the cable is dry and needs lube (like it hasn't been used in years).

It seems odd that a mechanic owned the truck and "only thing wrong is the speedo cable fell out and needs reattached" ... no?

^ that - or - perhaps the cable is dry and needs lube (like it hasn't been used in years).

It seems odd that a mechanic owned the truck and "only thing wrong is the speedo cable fell out and needs reattached" ... no?

The poor old guy is all bent over, i don't think he wanted to get under the dash, he might not get back out.

• 3 weeks later...