water pump w/ fan clutch part number

I'm looking for the OEM nissan (branded as Atsugi, or paraut?) pump with fan clutch part number, I think I've found it but the last one I got was for the larger size/later model fan and I don't want to order the wrong thing again.

Part number I've come to is Paraut W0133-1616465 ... Is that the correct one ? I can't find an exact picture of any of them, I need to make sure I get the right size fan clutch. I really have no idea what the fan year/model it was off of. I got it with my 'rebuilt' L20b and of course I was an idiot and replaced the old atsugi cast one with a kragan stamped impeller one with the impression 'new is better'.

I have the head off and everything apart I wanted to fix my mistake and get a proper cast/curved impeller OE pump w/ the fan clutch.

Thanks...

• Like 1
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL ... I'm still driving around with my leaky water pump ... . these were the part numbers you gave me in my status update StupidFast: . Atsugi # 11238004035 NISSAN #21010-23028

I think I have the smaller non-A/C type fan ... .. but Phil had to cut the blades smaller to fit a PL510 ... .. does a non-A/C fan fit a 510 without trimming the blades?

LOL ... I'm still driving around with my leaky water pump ... . these were the part numbers you gave me in my status update StupidFast: . Atsugi # 11238004035 NISSAN #21010-23028

I think I have the smaller non-A/C type fan ... .. but Phil had to cut the blades smaller to fit a PL510 ... .. does a non-A/C fan fit a 510 without trimming the blades?

FML! Thats the incorrect one! At least for my setup...

This is for the larger fan, the one I have doesn't fit on this clutch.  If anyone wants it before I return it I'll give it to them for $40 ! 

$T2eC16h,!zoE9s5ngyQuBRS25bw-l!~~60_57.J

There are two pumps usually with two different fan sizes.

L20B left and Z20/22/24 right. The L20B air con may also use the right one???

motorLandZ20Ewaterpumps003.jpg

L pump has smaller internal impeller and cavity to match

Lenginewaterpump.jpg

Z series has much larger impeller and cavity to move more water.

motorLwaterpump.jpg

You do not want the stamped replacement. This is for a Z24 but is pathetic.

720stuffclutchfanremovalLarge.jpg

@datzenmike, the L20b one on the left is what I was running before, but its one with a stamped(pathetic) impeller.

The problem is a lot of the incorrect ones list as compatible to Z and L cars even if they're not !! 

Is the paraut(atsugi) part no. I listed correct?  I think it is but I don't want to buy the wrong thing again. 

@Eagle_Adam, No, the fan clutch and fan I have now fit just fine ... this setup works fine I just want the better cast impeller pump !! 

• 5 months later...

No matter what the engine or water pump speed the fan is limited to about 1,500 RPMs. If overheated the thermostat control can raise it to 2,300 RPMs. At most speeds above 30-40MPH a fan isn't even needed as vehicle speed will be sufficient for engine cooling. A clutch fan reduces the load on the engine to drive the fan unnecessarily. The fan is quieter also.

Not really. The fan does not need to turn that fast at higher speeds. Some slight energy is saved and MPG gained and quieter operation by letting it slip. It doesn't cool any better that a solid mounted fan.

unless the new fan has more blades 

stock L16 4 blades 

clutch fan 7 blades 

wouldn't this have to pull more air then a stock 4 blade