710 ka24de suspencion problem

hello friends I have a problem with my datsun, well, I put a KA24DE engine but when I try to run very hard, the diferecial hits my datsun in the bottom of the compact they will put some photos to see
  ... I think i need tracction bars or is there another solution???

558818_10201144227710423_432318917_n.jpg

554057_10201144228510443_1339716366_n.jp

this is the problem!

575916_10201353377939048_228637909_n.jpg

263300_10201353378739068_1092956873_n.jp

this is my engine

971529_10201353373298932_598447275_n.jpg

I hope you can help me thanks

greetings from mexico

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty common problem.  Cut and raise the floor pan and modify back seat. Or build, possibly by traction devise's to prevent that. I built a ladder bar setup under my old wagon. its in the thread somewhere in my signature. My diff never contacted the floor and i had a stock back seat.

• Like 1

Pretty common problem.  Cut and raise the floor pan and modify back seat. Or build, possibly by traction devise's to prevent that. I built a ladder bar setup under my old wagon. its in the thread somewhere in my signature. My diff never contacted the floor and i had a stock back seat.

not want to cut off my datsun haha but will try to aver traction bars happens like you said thanks

Car is too low.

Let me guess, you removed a leaf spring to lower it, right? Any lowered car needs stiffer springs to reduce squat on take off and bottoming out on bumps..

not my car do not remove any spring I buy it so that if note is that soldier was bringing an extra piece where you grab the spring will put a picture .... I cut it that looked very ugly and put it in the original position ...... thanks

46310_10200538186479771_2086716112_n.jpg

535894_10200679419650512_253579978_n.jpg

few springs must my datsun?

in that picture are only three

I did not find pictures on the bar you did to your differential

I would like to see them to take an idea

thanks

Traction bars would prevent the rear sinking feeling that happens when taking off fast ( as in drag racing )  You also have a torque issue, that makes the differential rotate . Traction bars would help, but since you have lowered the car on "blocks", you have lowered the bottom U bolt plate, together with the leaf springs.  This area is closer to the ground now that car is lowered ( as opposed to lowering the car by de cambering leaf springs.

Thing is, traction bars would sit extremely low and close to the ground. I would take the blocks away, de camber the springs, and have flat springs, stronger yet flat, instead of blocks and the like. That will allow you nto bolt on traction bars like this ones, the cheaper ones, cheap yet effective.

traction-bars-lg.jpg

tractionbar02.jpg  

• Like 2

Traction bars would prevent the rear sinking feeling that happens when taking off fast ( as in drag racing )  You also have a torque issue, that makes the differential rotate . Traction bars would help, but since you have lowered the car on "blocks", you have lowered the bottom U bolt plate, together with the leaf springs.  This area is closer to the ground now that car is lowered ( as opposed to lowering the car by de cambering leaf springs.

Thing is, traction bars would sit extremely low and close to the ground. I would take the blocks away, de camber the springs, and have flat springs, stronger yet flat, instead of blocks and the like. That will allow you nto bolt on traction bars like this ones, the cheaper ones, cheap yet effective.

traction-bars-lg.jpg

tractionbar02.jpg  

hello that picture of the car lowered with blocks is not mine is a picture I put mo datsun is completely stock from the rear suspension, I hope to put some traction bars aver if improvement 

you take some photos today and another of the bars I want to do

if you think you have them take off that problem

941111_10201396303852169_315217499_n.jpg

294143_10201396303652164_413543734_n.jpg

431091_10201389355038453_1086666503_n.jp

this type of bars will be good for my datsun??

Those ones would work, but require more fabrication. The other ones I posted are bolt on. This ones you just posted require bracket fabrication. If you are up to the task, by all means do it.

Need to fabricate bracket to weld up to body and bracket to hook up to differential

• Like 1

ive done this a few times:

find the thick overload spring from a toyota pickup, whatever mini truck you want really.

you just want the thick overload, and the longer you can find it the better.

youll be adding this leaf to your existing pack. specifically on the bottom of the pack too.

when its bolted into the pack, at the front of the leaf we use a squared ubolt to clamp the new thick leaf to the main pack.

this thick leaf will handle all the torque the KA will give out. it might raise the back end up about an inch.

it will act as the traction bar when its clamped to the spring on the forward side. it will get rid of 95% of the axle roll.

on a side note, you still might have to cut the floor and raise it if your trying to lower it more.

• Like 1

Hey amigo ,personally I would not run those yellow slapper type traction bars on my 56 Chevy ,and that's what they were designed for(old ____ ) , stick with the fixed bar type or even one near the center near pinion  to floor with a plate ,to keep rear end from rolling and slapping floor .. Have seen this on a few wagons.

• Like 1

Those ones would work, but require more fabrication. The other ones I posted are bolt on. This ones you just posted require bracket fabrication. If you are up to the task, by all means do it.

Need to fabricate bracket to weld up to body and bracket to hook up to differential

if I think I will still bars .. work in a shop so it would be a little easier for me thanks .... then that would be a good option?

ive done this a few times:

find the thick overload spring from a toyota pickup, whatever mini truck you want really.

you just want the thick overload, and the longer you can find it the better.

youll be adding this leaf to your existing pack. specifically on the bottom of the pack too.

when its bolted into the pack, at the front of the leaf we use a squared ubolt to clamp the new thick leaf to the main pack.

this thick leaf will handle all the torque the KA will give out. it might raise the back end up about an inch.

it will act as the traction bar when its clamped to the spring on the forward side. it will get rid of 95% of the axle roll.

on a side note, you still might have to cut the floor and raise it if your trying to lower it more.

you have any pictures that interest me several options to choose one,,, and get started to design it for my car

Hey amigo ,personally I would not run those yellow slapper type traction bars on my 56 Chevy ,and that's what they were designed for(old ____ ) , stick with the fixed bar type or even one near the center near pinion  to floor with a plate ,to keep rear end from rolling and slapping floor .. Have seen this on a few wagons.

if you think it is the best option fixed bar, and I also seen in the 510 wagon I saw them in an album of photos of Kelvin Dietz also here in this posting ratsun

You can fab your own ,possibly for another car and cut to fit ,need to be near pivot point of front of leafs long, I am doing a wagon , but only one traction bar with a Jaime (heim) joint in middle of car to keep from rolling rear end and stopping floor knocking ,maybe google it ,have seen done with a metal plate bolted to fwd. floor and mounted to lower axle off center , (google 86 Camaro rear end)if you look at 86-92 Camaro or Firebird Z28 they had one bolted to trans along side of drive shaft to rear diff. center ,my two cents anyway I am only doing one arm in center of my lowered ka wag,( I will try and find a pic of VG30 v6 wagon my friend has with this setup.)

• Like 1