bgmk106's 76 620 (Newbie)

bgmk106

Hey kids. I have recently acqired Yello620's erhm... yellow 620. It has a VG30e and Jason did an AMAZING job on the swap! It brings a smile to my face every time i get on the throttle and certainly turns heads.

((((((start of long story...feel free to skip to pics below))))))

Here in Milwaukee, I have only seen two 620s ever which can be attributed to our obsurdly high use of salt in the winters. My father and brother race a '70 240z (last pic) and ever since they got it in 2000 (when i was 10) I have had a love for most every Datsun. It wasnt until recently that I really gave the 620 a second look. and when I did, i knew I had to have one. Within a week of deciding I wanted one, I sold my beloved Honda XR650 and began the search. I looked around on CL for a while and then came accross Ratsun. I posted a WTB ad and got a couple bites, one of which was close to going through. When it didn't  I had come accross one of Yello's posts saying he may sell his. I had seen it on the forum before and thought it was ultra badass especially with such a unique motor swap. He was willing to do a long distance transaction so we went for it! Generally speaking, the transaction went very smoothly but pretty much everything that could have held it up did. It took a lot of patience on both our parts but the truck finally got shipped and I got it May 10th. My dd is a 2012 Tacoma...havent driven it since. I take my 620 eveywhere. There is that certain joy that I get when driving something thet you have to put effort into steering, stopping, avoiding potholes. I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about. It will be driven most every day this summer and fall but the second the snow flies it will be stored in the garage that the 240z is in. It has almost zero rot and i want to keep it that way! Enjoy the pics, I will upload more in the comming week.

20130510_185846.jpg

On the trailer with 5 brand new Lexus' and BMW's

20130511_085009.jpg

Sitting in my driveway

20130512_170108.jpg

My nephew loves it

IMG_3355.png

IMG_3358.png

IMG_3364.png

IMG_3369.png

IMG_3376.png

IMG_3354.png

IMG_3394.png

My Dad's 240Z

• Like 2
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like every other lowered 620  :poke:

Wow that's an awesome truck!

show what truly makes this thing a beast THE ENGINE BAY.!!!

I love this truck & want to see ALL OF IT.!!!

I'm beginning to think the "VG30" is a ruse.

• 6 months later...