okay im new and i have this 280zx

jimbo2112

okay so i got this 1983 280zx about a 2 years ago.. i got it for $800 and it have a rat nest of problems and i worked my a$$ off to get it running safe and good. the guy took out the dashboard in the car cut like half the wires and then tried putting it back and put new wire in it but all the same color :confused:  and he got 2 things working the key start and the right head lights.. plus the car had something wrong that he put a 79 280zx back right end in it with different brakes and did not tell me it was missing the caliper and that was a headache trying to find out what one it was. Cause there is a small difference between the 2.. 

i'll upload pics tomorrow

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

but about 6 months ago i got in a bad accident. no one was hurt but my car was.. everyone told me to scrap it because it's not worth fixing but i just could not let her go so i'm rebuilding her so she may be back on the road and i would like some ideas and help.. and yes i no it will not be easy but i'm going to do it 

here is a pic of what she looks like now... :(   

34t1wg3.jpg

but about 6 months ago i got in a bad accident. no one was hurt but my car was.. everyone told me to scrap it because it's not worth fixing but i just could not let her go so i'm rebuilding her so she may be back on the road and i would like some ideas and help.. and yes i no it will not be easy but i'm going to do it

here is a pic of what she looks like now... :(

34t1wg3.jpg

That sucks but dude it's just a 2+2 probably the worse thing Datsun did to the Z car there are plenty of those around get another clean one and switch everything over. You can get these cars for almost nothing If you look hard enough.

For washington, $800 doesn't seem like a good deal for the car. Now that car is beyond totaled. Even if the collision was your fault and you receive no insurance payment, you have a good parts car there for the engine and drivetrain. Nothing more.

• Like 1