280zx strut installation

angelmanuel

well, finally finished installing the 280zx struts on my B310. all i can say is holy big brakes batman! although the brake rotors are only 1/2 inch larger in diameter, they are much thicker because they are ventilated. also, the pads are more than twice as big and the caliper pistons are about 50% larger than the original equipment. as suggested by datsunfreak, i installed the left on the right and vice versa for caliper clearance, that is why the caliper is on the front side. next up, a ford 8.8 inch for the rear end!!!

IMG_1253.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i used new 280zx inserts, B310 upper and lower perches, the lower one was welded onto the 280zx strut tube. the springs came from a 280z, but you can use the B310 springs and cut them down. i haven't tested if i need a bigger master yet, i might need one in the future.

well, finally finished installing the 280zx struts on my B310. all i can say is holy big brakes batman! although the brake rotors are only 1/2 inch larger in diameter, they are much thicker because they are ventilated. also, the pads are more than twice as big and the caliper pistons are about 50% larger than the original equipment. as suggested by datsunfreak, i installed the left on the right and vice versa for caliper clearance, that is why the caliper is on the front side. next up, a ford 8.8 inch for the rear end!!!

IMG_1253.jpg

curious why do you install left on right & vice versa. caliper on the front side of rotor just seems weird. hit me back my man.