finally got my 720

DotSoon

picked her up on saturday and have enjoyed every minute while driving.

405845_4353179082376_397718673_n.jpg

current plans are to rid it of the shell.

future plans are to lower and re-tint the windows possibly remove the rear bumper 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great looking 720! Take care of it and it'll take care of you. You need some of the smaller side mirrors IMO, the big ones like that should be on a 4x4 (or a full size truck lol). And ya need some more pics! 

looking into what mirror options will look the best.  ill have more pics up soon.  got the shell off already.  it belonged to an 80 year old dude and he kept it in perfect condition.  blew a .01 co2 when i got it inspected.  decided to get the vintage plates, in utah that means no more safety/emission testing :)

Nice 720 !

I would go no rear bumper IMO. I guess it all depends if your gonna use it or not.

Yeah, until someone taps dat ass and you're buying a new truck over what should have been nothing had the bumper saved it.

that's the thoughts im having.... as much as i like the way it looks without the bumper it will save me if some dumb teenage girl putting on makeup runs into me.  going to try and stay on top of the body rust.  seems like its all surface so ill be hitting that ASAP.  need to call around to the junkyards and see where i can go hunting as well.

It's a truck.  I must be an old curmudgeon.  I do not understand why everyone wants to slam these classic old trucks so they can't cross RR tracks without losing metal. 

i dont think it has anything to do with age, really falls with personal preference.  2wd trucks IMO are meant to be lowered to some degree giving them a more aggressive stance.  this is my dd so it wont be lowered as to make it difficult to cross rr tracks and what not.  

the truck will let me know what it wants.  i will listen to what it says and accommodate it accordingly :)

• Like 1

update....  got a pre heater hose and a different steering wheel cover.   need to stalk the local junkyards to find the driverside jumper seat.  been working on getting my yard put in so its been alittle slow going on the truck.

• 7 months later...