My B210 find

Ranbat

I thought it was a '77 hatchback model, but turns out to be a '74 sedan. I'm still pleased to find it. It is super cheap, so the price is right. The rockers are my main concern, but I can weld and have done body work this extensive before.

file-42.jpg

It was sunk deep, but we were able to dig and pull it out.

file-44.jpg

The dash is really in pretty fair shape. The seats and carpet not so much.

file-46.jpg

file-45.jpg

The motor is complete. As is the rest of the drive train. 4-speed manual, A13.

file-43.jpg

file-47.jpg

Is it a lot of work? Yep! But, the car is complete if not running and I do have skills in mechanics, welding, bodywork and painting. I'm hoping to get it home this weekend if I can get some decent tires on it to tow it home. Worst case scenario is I hire a flatbed to pick it up.

• Like 1
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here it is after getting it all outta the ground. It had literally sunk up to the rear axle. So far it looks like the floors are fine, but the trunk has some rust through.

file-49.jpg

And finally, just because.

file-48.jpg

The hardest part will be deciding what direction to go with it. I have so many ideas. I come from a background of Chevelles, Camaros and Impalas. This is a whole other animal. One I am totally pumped about. It's a different type of hot rodding. It's fresh and different.

wow, those rockers...

What rockers? Seriously though, they are completely gone. I'll make an attempt to find some from anonther car, but I have had to fabricate lower rear quarters on a few old Chevys before.

You're going to have fun with the '74.  They have a lot less crap then some of the later years, but they also have a lot of single year goodies. Including, engine, rearend, interlocks system, bumpers, fuel line setup and some of the minor interior trim.  However, no cat hump, slightly better materials on some of the interior, and a cleaner engine compartment (for a couple of reasons).  Mine is basically that same color just a 4 door.  I can't prove it but I suspect they are also a little lighter than some of the later years (minus bumpers).  If you get the A13 running it really is a pretty decent engine and 75hp stock.

I have a 74 B210 coupe, has the same A13 engine, have a ported peanut head on it and it really screams... With a 5 speed, it is a highway demon... Honda's freak to see it accelerate so well at 80 to 90 mph..

Like the A13 alot, seems to wind up real good

• Like 1

I have a 74 B210 coupe, has the same A13 engine, have a ported peanut head on it and it really screams... With a 5 speed, it is a highway demon... Honda's freak to see it accelerate so well at 80 to 90 mph..

Like the A13 alot, seems to wind up real good

Did you insatall the 5 speed? If so, were you running a 4 speed before the swap? Were your gains mostly highway? Just curious for future.

I'm bringing it home Sunday. I was supposed to bring it home Wednesday night, but weather kind of sank that idea. Once I get it home, I'll start tearing into it and have more pics. I'm looking at welders right now. It is a rust bucket, but I ain't scared. Much. :)

Okay, moar pics!

file-51.jpg

Seats are pretty much shot up front.

file-52.jpg

The floors are lookin decent so far.

file-53.jpg

I'll know more when I totally pull the interior.

file-54.jpg

The back seat isn't as bad as the front.

file-55.jpg

Think it'll drift? : )

file-56.jpg

I really like these tail lights. I am so happy they are intact.

file-58.jpg

Spare tire pan is shot. Ideas? I may just get rid if it in favor of a flat floor.

file-59.jpg

Popped the trunk to find a full spare set of rims and tires plus......

file-57.jpg

...two original hubcaps.

I think I know what direction I'm going to go with it. I'll see what I come up with after I start taking it apart.