Just got my 77 B210 Hatchback

77Hatchback

An old pic but I put mine under the glove box. Easy for me to reach, although I do have long arms. The original AM radio still lives behind the delete plate actually, I just removed the knobs and front cover.

b210-dash.jpg

There are also these small HD radios, tie into a small hidden amp and it can be mounted to your radio delete plate or to the useless fasten seatbelt light spot above.

9959_zps76261230.jpg

Dealextreme also sells many small mp3/amps/radio type stuff that may fit in the stock location.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are not concerned with cutting, then removing the Defroster panel, cutting the metal behind it and mounting the stereo there is a good option.  That is how I had it on my 78.

Otherwise, take out the center console and make a new console with a stereo area right below the heater vents.

t_underdashkitmounting1.jpg

You cut this up as much as you want and not feel guilty

I think this is the way I am going to go. I am going to put either under the glove box or on the tray under the glove box. I will update pictures when I am done...This is a 30 dollar fix and I don't have to butcher my dash..Thanks for all the input. Although  Sierra has a good idea also and it will keep it looking classic! 

Guest 510kamikazifreak

I think this is the way I am going to go. I am going to put either under the glove box or on the tray under the glove box. I will update pictures when I am done...This is a 30 dollar fix and I don't have to butcher my dash..Thanks for all the input. Although  Sierra has a good idea also and it will keep it looking classic! 

:thumbup:

It beats cutting a dash up,and can be mounted just about anywhere

Well I took it for its first road trip yesterday of about 350 miles round trip at about 65 miles an hour. Seemed to run fine but not used of having to go that slow ha ha. Also got my first mileage check from the past week and I got 30 mpg  :crying: I will see what I got on the trip yesterday here when I go to get gas. What kind of mileage should this car get? 

Update on interstate mileage 39 mpg @ 65 mph