Plasti dip your car?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have done it. I did it to an entire 1st gen rx7 using the spray can's. Rim's looked great. for rim's and other minor trim pieces and such,plasti-dip is the shit. For a whole car, unless you could seal it somehow I wouldn't recommend it. it looked really cool,but was not very durable,it also attracted all kinds of fuzzy's and fiber's from the tree's and shit and started to look kinda like an animal. plus it was like driving around in a big tire,got hot easily,but what else do you expect when you coat your car in rubber? it was cool cuz it was a ratty 1st gen rx7 with a 12a and holley carb that i got for the dirt. I plan to use some on the z for a few thing's. Id bet that if you could thin it and spray it and do alot of proper prep work it could turn out better. I just did a basic rough up sand to get a good surface on the stock paint and went to town.

I have done this to my Kawaskai and emblems on my tacoma. As long as you make sure to prep the surface properly (no oils, water, dust) it is a great product. I didnt have to rough up the paint at all. After a few days, it cures and is pretty durable. It's extremely forgiving and if you manage to screw up, just peel it off and try again.

If you are planning on doin this on your car buy d kit. & if you happen to live outside CA then lucky you. Gallon sales had been banned in CA.

I plastidipped my miata hardtop using d can & while it look respectable on pix it's a crap in person. Plus, you cant wash it like you wash your car w/ regular paint. it sticks like a velcro

I use it to seal battery cables after a battery service

Also sprayed under battery . I use it on brass radiators

Before I put a new hose on a quick swoop then install

Hose when wet tighten no seepage or cast water pumps

I put DAT shit on french fries I'm freak in silly with it.

A can of plastic cote and a used tube of urethane I'm

Getting crafty or high . I love DAT stuff

• 2 weeks later...