240z struts on a 510?

Been a while sence I have researched what would and would not work on a 510. I have to locate and read a lot of the materalI have but I'm wondering if the 240z struts would work on a 510 or are they to long ( have to be cut and rewelded) I do know 280zx struts will work. I also know you have to use coilovers or use other 510 parts to make it work. Just wondering I think I found a set in my garage.

Eddie

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ZX struts move the tire out 3/4" per side, so if your tires barely tuck this may not work for you.

ZX hub bearings are the better larger ones than the stock 510.

ZX rotors are vented with larger calipers. 510 rotors are 231mm outer diameter and 147mm inner for a pad width of 84mm. ZX rotors are

251mm and 151mm pad width 3.94mm

Well what I have is a set of 280zx strut's with perches cut and 510 perches ready to be put on with split collers to hold then in place. I have bump or bum steer spacers I think that's what there called that go between the strut and lower ball joint the strut attaches to. I also have adjustable camber plates that attach at the top. The rims and tires are these in the pic.

IMG_20130331_123605-2.jpg

IMG_20130331_121828.jpg

IMG_20130324_121856.jpg

I have seen these used on 510's and just have to figure out what I will need to be aware of when doing it. I do not know what the 30 stands for or what the offset is on them.

Eddie