1973 620 5-speed L-18 Motor

I'm the second owner of this 620. I've had it since January, but the wife does NOT like it. We know where that will lead...

Original owner put in the L-18 motor along with the 5-speed tranny.

It runs good, takes about 5 minutes to get it warmed up in the morning.

Don't know when he last worked on the carb, could probably use some love.

Has some small rust spots on the same locations on both sides (see pix).

It had a camper shell on it and the rear window removed and some vinyl padding stuff to cover the transition, so there's some snaps riveted along the perimeter of the window on the inside. Kinda weird, I know.

I have the rear window and I'm waiting on the seal from Vintage Rubber so I can put it in.

The bed was carpeted so there's some residual carpet glue on the rear wheel wells.

Tires are good, body is good.

I rubbed some Turtle Wax Color Back on one side of the hood and it took the haze off the paint, then my shoulder got really tired...

It's great as is or a blank slate if you wanna get crazy with it.

I have the grill emblem, it's in the storage area below the glove box.

Looking to get $2000 OBO. No trades, obviously...I would be a single man if I did.

Here's the pix:

https://plus.google.com/app/basic/photos/115781597433111381898/album/5862485172980494609

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i say keep the datsun, cuz the way gas prices are rising it will cost less in gas compared to your other rides. and it you can take it to datsun events here in the valley and maybe to the SWDP events in fontana,ca.

Beeson,

Too bad the wife doesn't like it, but I've also been there.

My wife didn't care if I drove my '73 620 around, but after she drove it once, she refused to even get into it. Mine was a POS I paid $200 for and wouldn't go in a straight line so I really couldn't blame her.

These are great little trucks. No reason in my mind why anyone wouldn't like having yours around.

GLWS,

who knows, a lot of times cars end up growin on people. i hope this happens to/for you.

maybe if you show her a spread sheet or breakdown of how much money youre saving based on the mpg and savings of not buying another car and perhaps insurance rates, maybe those numbers will change her mind

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.