as usual I bought a datsun and it has sat In my back yard for a few months

so around 5 or 6 months ago i bought a late 260z

It has a l28 5 speed r200 an edelbrock 500 cfm carb with a clifford intake and a mystery cam crane xr700 optical ignition set up lowering springs rewinds motor sports tc kit solid dif mount blah blah blah other stuff

It also came with a full rubber seal kit

it needs tires the rack has some play and the right rear shock is blown

So far i have replaced the r200 with another r200 with 390's in it and i replaced the ignition switch and the rear transmission seal and trans mount . and tightened every bolt in the rear sub frame because they where all loose .

and best of all it has ac hopefully i can get it working again .

And now on with the pic's

3Ef3Ld3Jf5Lf5G95Q5caqbbc579567ed11e73_zp

2012-10-30161603_zpsf89fe5f0.jpg

2012-10-30161648_zpsfc807bc6.jpg

2012-10-30161635_zpsf4ff161d.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

with the help of phill I think we got the stating issue figured out . Thanks phil

The optical sensor was loose in side the distributor and was moving around in side and throwing the timing out of wack . So i now i need to buy a new timing light so i can re time it and it should be good to go for now egine wise .

Now i just need some 225 50 15's and rear shocks and she will be road worthy . I think i need to lower it at least another inch

and some video !

it start's!

th_20130325_192118_zpsaea41b5f.jpg

let me see if I can help you red.

blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap blap

• 2 months later...

well i thought me and phil had fixed the starting issue . I was wrong ! i ended up swapping out the crane cams optical trigger and wired in a na 280zx electronic distributor and it started right up shut it off turned it on and off 6 or 8 more times and bam! It would crank and crank crank then 2 -3 tries later and i got it started wtf .

Any one now what this big metal twinky is?

20130623_160942_zps6d27e51f.jpg

this is what it looks like inside

20130623_154956_zps297a962c.jpg