Old Electronic Stuff Pics

I made this to see what you all come up with.  I like old stuff, don't really know why, I just do.  I been a collector of old stuff for a few years now.  Here is some of my stuff, I have alot more "stuff" and a few things still on my wish list.  Post pics of what you have, it might give me an idea what to keep an eye out for, maybe stuff I didn't know existed.

IMAG0503_zps080bd106.jpg

IMAG0509_zps54da0fba.jpg

IMAG0510_zps2c6ffbe3.jpg

IMAG0507_zpsb5a782f5.jpg

This is a cool little Technicolor projector.  It uses a continuous loop 8mm film in a cartridge , has no sound.  Its projected on the screen of the RCA Black and White TV, almost appears as if the TV is on.

IMAG0502_zps7532d7dc.jpg

This is my Sony Reel To Reel tape recorder.  I really like this thing.  Its going to have to be taken apart some time and have new belts put in.  It is working, and I use it regularly.

I'm still looking for a Lazer Disk Player, not a DVD player, Video / Lazer Disk.  I always liked them but never got one.  I just recently acquired 150 movies on Lazer Disk and have no player.  I'm also looking for a Beta-max player for beta tapes.  I have one but its not working.  I guess if any of you all that has anything that you would think I'd be interested in, I probably am as long as its cheap or free.  Just pm me.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know its all out of date, and useless in alot of people's eyes.  I have a very high end computer I use for everything, gaming, movies, music, etc, its hooked up to a 32" 1080p tv.  I like 8 tracks, but they are not my favorite.  It would be kinda cool to me to have an in dash 8 track in one of my cars and some way of recording on one.

Technically anything with the name Datsun on it is out of date, just sayin

• Like 1

Ignore him suspect, he steps on snails to entertain himself. Here's a few of my favourite things for ya. Nice projector dude.

IMG_1314_zps4d32cb1a.jpg

This is my Lumitime Vintage digital clock from the early 1980's. Rather than the lcd technology that we have today, this uses a series of light bulbs and rotating gears to change the time sequence. It's pretty awesome to see it in person actually. These clocks range from $80-$300 nowadays.

IMG_1316_zps3f1b6eb6.jpg

Another thing I used to collect were " Flip Clocks " that were common from the 60's through the 80's. This is made by Copal of Japan. If you pay attention, it is one of the most common types of clock depicted in films to show the passage of time. I used to collect the shit out of these, but now it's license plate frames. haha

Yea the datsun part is so true,you remind me of Armeggedonn,i dont know if i spelt it right,but before they go in to space and the one guy says he wants to bring back 8 track and pay no more taxs ever.

1) Armageddon

2) Spelled

3) Taxes

Awesome that you can't even spell the word " Spelled " correctly. Despite being somewhat coherent, even a  developmentally disabled child knows how to use spell-check Ray.

1) Armageddon

2) Spelled

3) Taxes

Awesome that you can't even spell the word " Spelled " correctly. Despite being somewhat coherent, even a  developmentally disabled child knows how to use spell-check Ray.

Listen you little shit i cant spell but we can compare paychecks after and find out if i need to know how to spelllll because i can sure count with a'lot of ZERO's.lol

washers001_zpsa639dd45.jpg

i was born in the 90s but raised in the 30s, and i beleive old stuff were better, i work on appliances for a living and here i have a 1940 maytag still working with its original parts, and the newer one on the right belongs to a client, has put over $250 dollars in parts in his 6 year old washer, oh and btw i can prove that the older one is "greener" more "energy star" than the new one, everything new sucks and tends to make us lazier and a more complain filled people, im so glad i was raised with strict old school parents, and im glad i got whipped instead of time outs or taking away video games etc, anyway old is better than new, technology and moral wise :thumbup:

• Like 1
washers001_zpsa639dd45.jpg

i was born in the 90s but raised in the 30s, and i beleive old stuff were better, i work on appliances for a living and here i have a 1940 maytag still working with its original parts, and the newer one on the right belongs to a client, has put over $250 dollars in parts in his 6 year old washer, oh and btw i can prove that the older one is "greener" more "energy star" than the new one, everything new sucks and tends to make us lazier and a more complain filled people, im so glad i was raised with strict old school parents, and im glad i got whipped instead of time outs or taking away video games etc, anyway old is better than new, technology and moral wise :thumbup:

Dude your from Modesto there's nothing out there except Portagee's and cow's there is no modern stuff.lol

New stuff is engineered to fail. If you bought something new and it lasted forever you'd never need to buy another and demand would be very low. It's fucked up, but it's true. If you buy quality stuff, it costs an arm and an asshole. Like a Kirby vacuum..

New stuff is engineered to fail. If you bought something new and it lasted forever you'd never need to buy another and demand would be very low. It's fucked up, but it's true. If you buy quality stuff, it costs an arm and an asshole. Like a Kirby vacuum..

:( true, it sucks tho cause people now a days have more "education" and "schooling" but they engineer crappy stuff

Nice credenza dude. And yes, what you're saying is absolutely true. It's funny how quality standards for everything are just shit nowadays, and in order to get something that was of standard quality 20 years ago, suddenly you are paying through the nose for " premium " quality. It's just nonsense.

My buddies 2007 Audi A4 is a good example. Within 1 year of owning it, the hinge and support bar on his centre console broke off and now he has duct taped it. Both parts of which are made of some kind of shit plastic. Then his cup holder broke. It's laughable that he paid over 28K for it. The levers and winders in my truck are made of die cast metal an will probably outlast us both.