Riley's 620 project- AUSTRALIA

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

get a big tub of wd40 or similar spray and soak the shit out of the bolts ...

the wing window seals ive got 2 sets spare if you want a set let me know

just watch your door seals dont buy from thailand users on ebay for them they dont fit and suit the US 620s which dont have a 1/4 glass window at all. i got my sets from nissan direct but im not sure if they are done anymore... can razzle part numbers for you if you like 

sorry to spam your thread just got the answers coz ive been through it

• Like 1

Awesome. Thanks. Greiggy, I did find a pair of seals on eBay that said they'd suit a 620 with quarter windows but I think they were from Bangkok. I might have a dig at super cheap when I go to work and see if any of our suppliers carry them or can get their hands on some for me.

I have seen Phil's rotaries on eBay. The guy I bought the ute off said he used to deal with him a lot as they're both in Brisbane and I've only heard good reviews about his products. Might test him out with a new tail gate at some point down the track.

UPDATE!

I ordered some side Mirrors from rocket industries through work on Monday so hopefully they should turn up tomorrow :) thanks for all the sources guys. Ill keep you posted

Riley.

Sorry mate, quick thread hijack.

Before you buy anything from Phil's, have a look at the trader forum on Ausrotary.

It appears there are a lot of Rotor heads who are very dissatisfied wth the products from Phil's.

Riley.

Sorry mate, quick thread hijack.

Before you buy anything from Phil's, have a look at the trader forum on Ausrotary.

It appears there are a lot of Rotor heads who are very dissatisfied wth the products from Phil's.

Yeah, a bit of a mixed review. I guess I'll just have to see for myself and learn the hard way if it goes wrong. Everyone has my trust until they abuse it :)

please please dont buy phills rotaries items unless your desperate.... they might be new but they have super poor fitment ... my tailgate is one of theirs however my panel beater had to unpick the skin and reposition it because the body gaps were piss poor to be honest!

Ok thanks for the heads up. I'm currently in the process of stripping the 620 down and start clearing out some rust. It will be the death of me.

Got my mirrors today, they're going to fit with the ute so well. I love them

image_zpsd2848e54.jpg

Got them from rocket industries in melbourne. You can't really see but they're a swan neck with an offset mount 4inch round mirror.

Lowering blocks should be here tomorrow.

On a completely unrelated note, I do love a practical daily

image_zps093f6ded.jpg

Sexy and useful ;)

Wow I didn't know his stuff was that bad. I have never bought from him because he has never sold parts for the models I have, thankfully by the sounds of it, but always see it on eBay. If that's the case I'll not mention again.

You're certainly getting stuck into the old girl which is good to see.

The way I did mine was remove the four bolts the hold the bumper to the frame. And then it will give you access to the nuts on the back of those carrage bolts. If you peak over the front of your rad support and look strait down there will be four bolts, two each side, right on top of the frame and once those are out you can pull the whole bumper. There may be two bolts on the inside on the outer corners that you can access from behind the finder and the bumper will all but fall off. Hope my rambling on isn't to confusing.

• Like 1
The way I did mine was remove the four bolts the hold the bumper to the frame. And then it will give you access to the nuts on the back of those carrage bolts. If you peak over the front of your rad support and look strait down there will be four bolts, two each side, right on top of the frame and once those are out you can pull the whole bumper. There may be two bolts on the inside on the outer corners that you can access from behind the finder and the bumper will all but fall off. Hope my rambling on isn't to confusing.

Awesome. Thanks mate.

• Like 1

Not much progress at the moment. Got the 2.5 inch blocks in and it sits nice ;) cranked the torsion bars a little but can still go a little further. Waiting on a few things to come in. Still haven't mounted the new mirrors yet. Possibly tomorrow. Ill throw some pictures up soon, my phone is going flat. Still not sure on a colour yet. Any suggestions?

Alright, so like I said, not too much progress. Just clean ups.

image_zps412a4123.jpg

Here's how it was when I bought it.

4FFB75A5-D468-4660-8C4B-A289A12240EF-127

image_zpsfef78d20.jpg

And here's how it is with 2.5inch blocks (Australian made ;) )

EDBE90DC-BB27-4D34-BF3A-D15C48E7A576-127

Sits quite nicely but as most of you would understand, I'm not satisfied yet haha

I cranked the torsion bars down a little. Not too much yet.

C3F532C3-0BB0-413A-A907-24A83081FB4C-127

Does anyone know when I can order some lowering shocks? Also, is there a how to thread on removing leafs from springs? Is there any benefit or loss from doing this?

839F4C7D-0DE4-4904-BF1B-21992BEBBC14-127

Does anybody know of pre cut floor carpet for a 620? Can it be bought from anywhere. I'm also chasing a set of wheels if any body has any they want to get rid of or sell? Ill be moving the ute to a bigger shed just down the road so I've got more room for body work.

Cheers guys

• 2 weeks later...