Riley's 620 project- AUSTRALIA

gday guys, im riley. Im new to the datsun scene, just picked up my 1974 620 less then 48 hours ago. shes a real pearler.. and the best part is i got it for a bargain!!  

ive already gotten the engine running perfectly, it doesnt skip a beat.  First up im looking at lowering in a little and getting it all straight and prepared to get registered.  

im open to suggestions and im happy to listen to any criticism and tips.

I WOULD PUT PICTURES UP BUT I DONT KNOW HOW! somebody let me know how to do it and ill get them up asap.

photo-3_zpsc9f62cd1.jpg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Moar low for sure. You changing wheels to, or are you going to stay close to stock?

yes, looow is on its way. i work at an auto store here in australia so i can get parts for cost price (sooo handy!)  i ve got some part numbers for lowering blocks but i wasnt real sure about what size to get. SUGGESTIONS?  how could i go about lowering the front also?   im not sure about the wheels for now, the stockies will stay put for the time being until i get some important things out of the way then ill look at some new shoes.

sounds like a plan.  i do recall seeing your truck in your own project post?  its good to finally talk to some owners of there vehicles ive been drooling over for months haha

pearler is aussie slang, describes the quality of something and likens that quality to the beauty of a pearl..     just means its good haha

sounds like a plan.  i do recall seeing your truck in your own project post?  its good to finally talk to some owners of there vehicles ive been drooling over for months haha

Thanks for drooling. I drool every time i see it too. I can't believe i own it sometimes. I can't wait to see what you are going to do with yours.

I'll be following your build for sure.

Nope just the one time. I plan on going back, not specific dates. I was there for a week around St. Pattys day two years ago. I had a blast. 

ah ok. definitely come back.  come to the east coast next time. the car scene over here is unbelievable right now.

Thanks for drooling. I drool every time i see it too. I can't believe i own it sometimes. I can't wait to see what you are going to do with yours. I'll be following your build for sure.

im pretty keen to get started on mine.  its been raining here for the last 9 days. havent seen the sun for so long, im going crazy  :ninja:   limited garage space and 2 jobs is making things difficult at the moment but ill be right into it real soon.  but like i said, im new to datsuns and this is my first project so dont hesitate to jump in a tell me what im doing wrong haha

Nope just the one time. I plan on going back, not specific dates. I was there for a week around St. Pattys day two years ago. I had a blast. 

:o also just realised you're mr minty fresh haha i love your car. keep it up!

:o also just realised you're mr minty fresh haha i love your car. keep it up!

Haha thanks! Still needs lots of work, but I love her. 

Yeah I had a blast in Perth, but Ive always heard to go to the East Coast. I had an offer to visit another forum member who lives on the East Coast and maybe one day Ill make it over there again. Id really like to.