Round 2, FIGHT! - now with a DE in progress(for real this time...)

Eagle_Adam

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of pads did you end up with ?

I don't remember to be honest DTP, ceramic ultra quiet from Baxters :/ anything but organic!!!!

4C668083-FDD7-4A95-A23F-ED0D2CA51C66-131

My little brother pulled an l18, replaced a rod and had it back in and running in just over an hour. I bet it would be close. But experiance is key.

thats impressive... if i had air tools i could be twice as fast, i do all my wrenching by hand

Liking the progress and the whole green paint theme

thanx man! ive got a few more things to pwdercoat in the engine bacy then im done.... i swear :devil:

finished up a little late last night cus the fathers day bbq i put on for my pops ran a bit later than originally intended but oh well, i only get one dad and it was his day

BUT

video proof

th_C7F9E93D-DB29-413D-AFF0-E1294F3DA91E-

• Like 4

I for one am glad you're still running an L. Nothing against the KA I love them & all the other Nissan motor swaps ..... BUT ..... for me there is nothing sexier than an old Datsun with a hot ass L series. There are SO MANY swaps out there that the L seems to be a rarity when you look under the hood. 

If you did the ka swap in the first place instead of pulling the L motor over and over you'd be done and running by now

Love the new paint! looking & sounding great man.

thanx man

I for one am glad you're still running an L. Nothing against the KA I love them & all the other Nissan motor swaps ..... BUT ..... for me there is nothing sexier than an old Datsun with a hot ass L series. There are SO MANY swaps out there that the L seems to be a rarity when you look under the hood. 

Well, i hate to disappoint you but this truck will be going duel cam KA eventually. Im hoping this winter i can get mine rebuilt with forged internals so i have the option to turbo it later  

well, thought i was gunna get the truck back to DD yesterday and i thought it wouldnt take much so i dicked around being lazy when i got home and took the family out to dinner before i got started.

Well i got a call from my little bro while i was at dinner and the 4x4 was overheating....

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/48060-86-720-4x4-dd/

so i told him to limp it over and id take a look.

long story short i didnt spend much time on my truck but i did track down a leak i found :/ lucky it just a rad hose that had been chewed up a bit by the alt.

So now i need to:

throw in the nissan thermostat i have

replace the lower rad hose

put on a shorter belt 

bleed the clutch

and 

drive this bitch! 

ya ya ya, but the slave and line are new and i always seem to have issues bleeding it... 

trade ya, u bleed this ill do your valves :)

Hahhaa.  Jeez man, i'll be there thursday night :lol:  jk.. I already adjusted valves. Only two intakes were tight. rest dead on.

holy shit! ceramic pads, holy shit..........

WAY BETTER!!! 

and im not sure what i did or diddnt do last time to the clutch but it catches now, i mean chirps tires into 3rd catches now and didnt like to before. Could have been a clutch bleeding issue? Or? 

dont really care tho, the truck is better than ever and back to DD status 

7326CFBA-58DE-40D8-8B95-AC54773FAC0D-214

• Like 7

Correction:

rock auto shows organics for around $20 a pair and ceramics around $30 a pair 

WELL worth the $10 extra bux, and my wheels/brakes have gone thru some serious torture in the last 20 hours and they are still spotless!! which was the main reason i swapped em 

did you determine wat was going on with the clutch/starter not catching?

lolz.... ya

starter only had one bolt in it and it was half way out

solved it by getting new bolts and using loc tite when i put the starter back in

the clutch issues were slave related, ended up having a partially blown seal, 

solved that by getting a new slave and soft line

The problem lies in the aluminum bellhousing. They will come loose again. You might want to put a heli-coil or threaded insert in there. You could also run studs but you run the risk of pullin the threads.

The problem lies in the aluminum bellhousing. They will come loose again. You might want to put a heli-coil or threaded insert in there. You could also run studs but you run the risk of pullin the threads.

im thinking it fell victim to the "too many hands on deck" issue that the rest of the motor build did.

Ill be checking them daily for the next week or so, if it continues it will get heli coiled  

• Like 1