Need eletrical help in SoCal LA area

r0p0doe

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why you sell the old car?the one you have looks pretty good.I would just clean it up and drive it trying not to soend to much money on it. Otherwise you should have kept the old car.

Old car had a few issues and I didn't have any time to work on it, the motor was old and tired and the carbs needed to be tuned. The one I have is a better car all around. I washed it the other day I just haven't snapped any shots yet. Once I get her running today I'm going to get the carbs tuned and get the lights working and ust keep her running nice from there. Then when I get a chance to I'm going to get the wiringcleaned up, also need to get back seats for it but I'm waiting for eagle rock for that to hopefully find them. I miss my old dime but I'm looking forward to cursing this one. It's crazy how much I've been able to get done this time around now that I have time and don't have my old lady in my ear nagging about it. This ones not getting away from me I made the mistake of selling my first one, never again....

My buddy Mario Lozano of TSR fabrication has been nice enough to let me work on the car at his shop and help me with w/e I need along the way. The car used to be owned by Craig Shiraiwa but he sold it to the guy who did this wack job wiring in it. Mario has done a lot of work on this car back when Craig owned it and is very driven to get it back on the road.

Mario doesn't know electrical lol that well lol everything else he's golden. I got help from another buddy of mine who had some knowledge. My blue was nice but I just didn't have time back then. I'm happy with this one it doesn't need any major changes

So this is the wonkey setup the po had for the fues box and ignition IMAG0104_zps21b75a47.jpgand this is for the fuel pump, I'm going to get the wiring re-done right because this doesn't cut it for me IMAG0109_zps12704dc6.jpg and just some shots I took while I was getting things done on her today, she's much cleaner than the pics posted earlier I'll snap more tomorrow and maybe some video once she's up and running IMAG0105_zps426b5c2e.jpgIMAG0106_zps3126ecc2.jpgIMAG0108_zpsdd33a505.jpg

Looking good.

most wires look preety stock its not that bad . look like a simple fix.

One thing I dont like is that plasic oil line.

Now I dint know this car of the fitting used the Nissan used a 1/8 BSP thread. Autometer or a good automotive stoore will have this adapter. Most kits are 1/8 NPT.  so theyre will be a 1/8NPT to 1/8 BSP adapter.

I dont know its the correct adapteris in there or not right now. as maybe the guy just wrenched it on and could bust in the block.

Unless the plastic line is a Autometer brand USA made then its Ok but most cheap 510 owners but the taiwan lines that are i the kit and they will cracked over time or if handled to much due to the heat cycles.

The make braided lines also and you can get a 90deg bend right at the blocl also to make it look cleaner.

just sometimes it best to save the stock sender to put in the block and just use the wire as i have gone back to that myself as I have had 2 oil lines break over the years. Lucky I wasnt in bum Fuck nowhere and all the oil pumped out.

The newer gauges Autometer VDO, ect... are set up that use a trans ducer right at the block that plugs in and use a wire to move the gauge needle. thats the set up people should go to now if they can affordt it as it is cheaper than a tow and and new motor.

everything here is just my opinion and just to let you know.

Looking good.

most wires look preety stock its not that bad . look like a simple fix.

One thing I dont like is that plasic oil line.

Now I dint know this car of the fitting used the Nissan used a 1/8 BSP thread. Autometer or a good automotive stoore will have this adapter. Most kits are 1/8 NPT.  so theyre will be a 1/8NPT to 1/8 BSP adapter.

I dont know its the correct adapteris in there or not right now. as maybe the guy just wrenched it on and could bust in the block.

Unless the plastic line is a Autometer brand USA made then its Ok but most cheap 510 owners but the taiwan lines that are i the kit and they will cracked over time or if handled to much due to the heat cycles.

The make braided lines also and you can get a 90deg bend right at the blocl also to make it look cleaner.

just sometimes it best to save the stock sender to put in the block and just use the wire as i have gone back to that myself as I have had 2 oil lines break over the years. Lucky I wasnt in bum Fuck nowhere and all the oil pumped out.

The newer gauges Autometer VDO, ect... are set up that use a trans ducer right at the block that plugs in and use a wire to move the gauge needle. thats the set up people should go to now if they can affordt it as it is cheaper than a tow and and new motor.

everything here is just my opinion and just to let you know.

I appreciate the help I'll check the oil line tomorrow I called it a night for today. Got her running kinda but the floaters aren't set right. I have to get the carb guy over to set them and tune the carbs while he's there. Going to have my brother in law clean up some wiring and connect the electric fan.