L20 Rebuild "Good and Bads"!

Had my friend today take a L20 that I bought with my '73 620 from Steroid awhile back! He is gonna ReBuild the Block and was wandering the "Goods and Bads" of a L20 block compare to a L18 or L16 Block???

Heres some pictures of us putting the Block back into my friends truck:) It will be ReBuilt from top to bottom:cool:! And when done i will post on the forum for sale:D!

trucks574.jpg

trucks575.jpg

trucks577.jpg

trucks582.jpg

trucks581.jpg

As my friend Justin Rebuilds the Motor I will post pictures as he goes and keep everybody updated on the ReBuild:D!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what size pistons we will use yet, we will take the block apart first and start from there. Where did you buy your L18 pistons from?

zuum510.....This is exactly why I held on to this motor for awhile, I couldn't see myself junking it! My friend is realy good at Rebuilding blocks and doesn't cut corners when it comes to quality:) I cant wait to see this engine when its done:D!

i got lucky the machine shop i took my engine to had a set of l18 pistons that they ordered for some one years ago and they never picked them up. but when i was looking for them i found them at rock auto.com i think i looked under 73 610 with an l18 and watch ebay

Mark, I kinda feel bad because it wont be going in my '73 once its done. I am purchasing a L18 engine from a Ratsun Brother(Hes giving me a awesome deal:D!) that will be for my '73:cool:!

i just did the same thing i had my l20 rebuilt and then got a sweet deal on a l18 from 808da6. now i have to sell the l20 so i can buy some more parts

here is my l18

l18-1.jpg

Had my friend today take a L20 that I bought with my '73 620 from Steroid awhile back! He is gonna ReBuild the Block and was wandering the "Goods and Bads" of a L20 block compare to a L18 or L16 Block???

L20B has longer stroke so more torque and displacement-good

L20B can share crank and rods from a Z22 for even more stroke and a displacement of 2.2 liters---gooder

L20B can be fitted with Z22 crank and KA pistons for even more torque and a displacement of 2.3 liters---goodest.

What was that other engine again?

L20B has longer stroke so more torque and displacement-good

L20B can share crank and rods from a Z22 for even more stroke and a displacement of 2.2 liters---gooder

L20B can be fitted with Z22 crank and KA pistons for even more torque and a displacement of 2.3 liters---goodest.

What was that other engine again?

KA pistons? really? what rods with that? will the l20b take a 4mm overbore?