66 520 taillight buckets

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The photo below is not of stock 520 taillight buckets Charlie, them are ford pinto or maverick bulb holders that I made work in the 520 housings.

DSCN0914.jpg

I used little screws to hold them in the housings, but the buckets themselves are modified stock buckets, I made the hole just a little bigger, as they were rusty.

• Like 1

You might also want to consider waterproof trailer lamp assemblies. They come in many sizes and configurations and being usually designed for boat trailers are more than waterproof enough for an ordinary pickup installation.

Harbor Freight occasionally features LED assemblies.

Wayno, one of mine is so badly rusted that if I try to remove the socket for replacement it will crumble.  I eally enjoy your creativity Wayno.

The ones on ebay are the late 1967 - 1969 3 bulb lights that have the backup light in them

I have been considering LEDs.

Thank you for the imput and suggestions

Wayno, one of mine is so badly rusted that if I try to remove the socket for replacement it will crumble.  I eally enjoy your creativity Wayno.

The ones on ebay are the late 1967 - 1969 3 bulb lights that have the backup light in them

I have been considering LEDs.

Thank you for the imput and suggestions

That's how mine were, one I was able to remove the socket from the housing with my fingers, new they are kinda crimped into position, believe me, I tried to fix mine, but they were to far gone, so I looked at a lot of different options, and went this route, the parts stores had all sorts of bulb holders, but all but one type, I would have had to drill the hole a lot bigger, and the one was a screwy setup, so I spent several hours at the wrecking looking at every car/truck looking for something that would work, that's when I found the pinto or maverick taillight bulb holders.

Only one small screw holds it in position, I thought about two screws, but one was enough IMO, and the screw holding it in there is the ground connection, as I painted the shit out of them housings after I sand blasted them to remove all the rust, and they were very rusty.

• Like 1
you can get em on ebay all day for like 20 bucks fro the whole light and housing...

I have never seen the early 520 assemblies on ebay, or anywhere else for that matter, I did see one lense for sale recently though.

You can buy the 3 color lenses(red/amber/clear) on ebay, but the 66 520s were only 2 sections, stop and turn, both red.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.