toyota 4pot calipers for your Z

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are the '77 and later ones that work with a vented rotor. The earlier 'Yoda 4x4 calipers fit the early Z car not these.

I have a set of both with the early ones on my 620. At 3,500 pounds these 4 pots really stop you.

Those look like yoda S12+8 calipers to me which are direct bolt on in an s30, with the stock unvented rotors and modified S hard line. Easiest brake upgrade there is. 

The later ones run a series one 300zx vented rotor and I believe offset spacer. 

The aussies sell a center spacer with O rings for these which allow you to run a aus gallant vented rotor as well. Idk anyone running a vented rotor with the s12+8's and no center spacer, it forced the pistons back so far, if fitting at all depending on the pad, they function very poorly. 

Its not just the width of the vented rotor but the offset on the hat too mike. This is nothing new, been done a million times, those s12+8 calipers are non vented 99% of the time. I'm talking on z's, on other things I have no idea. 

sold, took way too long, that price was great. 

Lol, I posted pics of my dads v8 280z, and instantly got flack for my stock brakes. Ive just waited for some to pop up, ive read alot about the different brake swaps but cant identify the calipers I need by a pic. If they dont bolt right up with a new hard line, the ill cross that bridge, but I think they should.

The s12+8's here bolt up with no adapter and use the stock z rotors, easy as pie. 

The stock fronts arent bad though, with really good pads like hawk or the like are more then adequate for the street actually. 
With either of the 4 pot yoda options there can be balance and lock up issues. 

I use the s12+8's with a 15/16 zx master and 73(larger) booster and s13 rears. I like it but I needed the find the right pad combo because I was locking the front up super easy. On the track the vented is superior because you experience less fade. 

• Like 1

Not a track car, just an auto v8 cruiser, but I had some push issues, as in I was over powering the brakes very easily. Im running a gm mc and booster now and it wasnt as bad at all, was planning on these upfront, and zx rears, but now im going to go google the sx swap lol thanks man.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.