PLEASE HELP!!! Wiring and headlights

barricade88

I'm 19 and need help with my wiring, I need a light switch for a 620 and need a new wiring harness. I dont have tail lights and instruments because the clips are bad. an cant find a store that carries them. Anything you have that can help that please let me know. Ill buy it all from you! Thank you! (360)771-0493

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Clips? what are these? You mean the plastic connectors that plug together? Are they melted or something? The clips that hold the fuses???

FUSE

Tail, license, marker and instruments come on on the first position on the headlight switch. It is powered from a separate 10 amp fuse so replace it first. Do NOT TRUST A FUSE BY LOOKING AT IT. replace it with a new one. On the fuse box it would be the fuse furthest from the driver and to the left side. It would have a Green/Blue stripe wire going to it if you can see it.

FUSE BOX

Corrosion can prevent a fuse from making good contact. This can lead to a resistance and this will cause heat to build. Heat in turn can take the temper out of the clips that hold the fuse making matters worse.  Unscrew the box and pull the two plugs off. Soak overnight in a mixture of vinegar and /or lemon juice. In the morning the copper/brass will be shiny new. Rinse and install. If heat has damages the clips the best thing is to replace the box.

Hard to tie them together? Erm...

You could use a new style of plug/connector.

Go to the JY and cut a few plugs off of new cars, leaving a few inches of the wires on either side. Make sure the connector has enough wires to work with your current setup. You may want to test the connectors at the JY to see if its going to be a nice and easy one.

Go home and butt connect the wires from the plug to your harness wires.

Your tail light connectors are getting hot because of your headlights?

And why would H4s do anything? They are the same wattage as stock, unless you bought some of those 110watt H4s... Or you messed up the wiring, which should never have been touched, as H4s are direct plug in...

Your tail light connectors are getting hot because of your headlights?

And why would H4s do anything? They are the same wattage as stock, unless you bought some of those 110watt H4s... Or you messed up the wiring, which should never have been touched, as H4s are direct plug in...

He's all good. Just needed a light switch and repair the loose connector @ the HL switch connector. We're gonna do some work on the current wiring scenario, make it a little prettier :D