J-bike for the win

This thread makes hard choices worse... Been looking at a few old bikes (even some really old 100cc ones).

With my b-day coming up on the 17th my one and only present will be either a B210 (have to go look at it this weekend) or an old bike/moped. Found some late 60s mopeds that look like a real blast and since I just need it for going to the gym it would work

B210 is in unknown condition which is the only reason I am still looking at bikes :P

Like ctd said, if you must get a bike at least get something with a little displacement. I grew up riding peds in the early 80"s and as fun as they are there they are slow and hard to get out of the way with. And with about a million more idiots on the road now with phones and such its risky. Get the car first, no such thing as a fender bender on a bike or ped. not to mention going out on dates and getting laid on a moped is difficult at best.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep exactly right lol you wanna be able to get on the gas and get out of the way if you need to plus some of the smaller scooters barely go 35 so it limits the roads you can ride on

Anyway I got my battery charged and tested today and the battery is fine and I checked voltage when running and that seems fine too. I think the problem is I haven't taken long enough rides to charge the battery enough to recover from cranking it over to start it. Time will tell lol

Hahahaha well that was interesting, I was riding down a county road going 50ish and I look down and the speedo is kinda bouncing around between 40 and 60. I was watching it trying to figure out why it was doin that when all the sudden the speedo dropped to zero and quit moving at all. Time for a new speedo cable hahaha what're the odds that it woulda gone out while I was lookin? At least parts are dirt cheap for this thing

• 2 months later...

Well a little update... Since my last update I had a leak in the fuel tank and ended up using tank liner to seal it then I repainted it again. And after all that it wasn't running right. I pulled it out Saturday and figured out a couple vacume lines were hooked up wrong and fixed it. Running perfect again so I rode it to work today lol and the speedo cable I just replaced seems to have broken haha I have great luck. I'll look into it after work

14035AB7-D085-4B10-926E-47C187E72B48-406

I've just been riding it on country roads with no worry about speed. Today I was messing around with it trying to figure out why it wasn't working and it turns out the end o the cable the reads the speed from the front wheel came un crimped... So I crimped it back on and tested the speedo with a drill. Something in the speedo itself was making a weird wine but after messing with it for awhile it went away... Seems like the speedo might need lubed or something but it works now lol

• 1 month later...

Well I got some new turn signals to try on my bike... Not sure if I like them yet so I only put them on the back. Then I was riding to a friends house the other day and I looked down and the speedo needle snapped off. Never seen that before haha I have a new speedo coming in the mail on Friday to replace it tho.

New signals

A3F89511-D4E5-42FB-A717-D399ECC9EF85-373

Not sure how this happened

5FE2E0DA-4E11-41CD-8770-84E19365DCB2-373

Well my new speedo came in the mail today! It was off a bike with a kickstand idiot light lol but other than that it's a perfect match. Got it all installed and working properly. Lol the odometer reading is only 4k less than my old one. I also ordered another box of goodies for the bike that will be here the end of next week

Nice and newer

CD9EAA60-2DD8-4CB2-9BDB-EF75E03983B4-907

I got another package from egay!!! A complete lock set with original Suzuki keys!!! I got an ignition, a gas cap, a seat lock, and a helmet lock!!! All I had before was an ignition and a busted gas cap that opened with anything. I got it all installed and since the helmet lock has no stock location on my model I found a spot similar to where it would got on the t model.

The goodies!

DC754994-95C7-4C94-8EC2-1E27FAE43746-220

Installed!

45714143-EABB-4C27-A8A7-2081B1E1FCCF-220

CBE867CA-029D-4829-81E3-23CFD7D39944-220

09A2031D-FB91-458F-B451-B78DB77AEC66-220

Security is cool... But a j-trike is cooler!! Haha I picked up a a Honda 250r three wheeler for a new toy. One of the coolest things is it fits in my long bed with the tool box in and the tailgate closed. This thing is a beast! Haha I poped a wheelie shifting into second on my test ride

Awesomeness

5C1540DE-6B74-4F3A-8939-69BDB9A38E7F-218

Haven't come close to flipping mine yet, but I did manage to run my foot over. Gonna blaze some more trails in the woods and have some fun. Basically from what I hear they take allot more practice than a quad or dirt bike. I don't plan on going crazy tho, just having fun and getting ust to it for now. Might take it on some unimproved roads or something soon.

Got inspired on the three wheeler today. I tightened the chain, adjusted the breaks, adjusted the mixture and idle. Then I took it on an awesome ride around my property. Tore it up in a wooded area sliding around between the trees and climbed a couple small inclines. Probably gonna peel the crappy black paint off and beeline the plastics. Then I'll paint the tank a nice satin black. I also have a six pack rack and some old school honda wing decals coming in the mail.

40363EF3-C3DA-4F91-A4B3-12FBA5E76756-691

Love the seat

88CF75B5-C17D-49DB-8F36-33734CB96933-691