Yet another 620 brake question....

Ejnave

Hey guys just recently bought a 75' 620, I'm new to datsuns, abc even newer to ratsun. Truck looks and stops great with original brakes(drum). In the near future I'd like to do the ka swap with an lsd but I'd like to convert to 4 wheel disc. My only concern is.... Truck is slammed with 17's and I'm worried about a wider track width and tires rubbing, with the addition of discs. Any insight and experience would be helpful guys. I'd appreciate it!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only way to put front disc brakes on a 620 is to get or make a caliper mount bracket that bolts onto the spindle you have now. BEEBANI makes a kit and you supply the calipers and rotor. There is no way to just bolt later disc brakes onto a pre '78 truck.  This even doubly true on the back. BTW rear disc brakes don't stop any better than drums. They are easier to maintain as you don't have to constantly adjust them, easier to change the pads, can tolerate more heat without fade than drums but you would have to race them to appreciate this, and they look cool.

Thanks guys I will be getting In touch with beebani soon. Just concerned with my tires rubbing, just wanted to get a little insight before I started! Seeing as it has been done plenty of times before beebani will know best. Thanks again!

There's barely any extra width added with Bee's brake setup.  The drum is about 6mm thick at the lug bolts.....it comes off, the rotor thickness at the same point is about the same 6mm.  It's within an 1/8" if I remember right.  My kit adds about 5/8" to the track width......I think.....I measured it, I just don't remember off hand. 

Backs....same thing.....should have same track with with disc as with the drum.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...