New to Dat's and need info/advice

YakAngler

I bought a '78 620 KC and the rockers are gone...but I'm having a really hard time finding replacements. Every site I go to has an option to enter your vehcle to check for fit, and every site says they will NOT. Can someody please steer me in the direction of a site or a person that may have a set (both sides) of rocker panels for the 620 King Cab 620.

Thank you so very much in advance. BTW, my 620 is in pretty rough shape outside but the inside is surprisingly good. This is my first resto and it's going to mainly restored by my good friend who is an awesome body guy and shade tree mechanic. I'll prob need more advice as I go on harder to find parts.

Thanks again.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

pull the rockers off and lern how to build your own . or take them to a tin bender and we need pics

I'll have to snap some pics for you guys (and girls?) so you can see what I'm working with. If it just isn't going to look good I'll have to see about getting a metal guy to whip something up for me...

Well after a long and exhaustive search I've ordered a set of rocker panels from Tabco Auto Body. Not sure how confident I am that I didn't just give my info to a stranger, but I'll let you know if I get them within the next week... fingers crossed I have money in my bank account tomorrow...

So the payment for the rocker panles from Tabco came out of my account so I think it's a good sign. Should be here in a day or so and I'll be able to check for possible fit. I am excited but will reserve the high fiving until I see what they look like. Also going to start taking the cab apart so we can remove it from the frame...

I'll post more pics as I go!!

Well if anyone is still following my post, my rocker panels arrived today!! I cannot explain how frickin excited I am. They're brand spankin new and all sexy as hell. Will get some pics taken and posted this weekend. For anyone needing rocker panels, go to www.tabcobodyparts.com

You'll see you can't order them on the site but if you call them, they'll hook you up!

• Like 1
Holy crap that beds hella rusty r you getting a different one for it? Other than that it looks like it will be fun to restore

Yeah that bed is essentially for scrap. Just had to take it as part of the conditions of the sale. I bought a rust free-ish bed from a guy in Cary NC. The best part is I paid $30 for the entire truck, and $150 for the replacement bed. I'm ready to get my hands dirty tomorrow!!

DMT?

What does this mean?

YOu must really love this truck. I would get it running and thats about it!

save your time and money on finding a better one.

The pictures look bad but the truck isn't a loss. It's all there. Motor is good too. Brakes are new. Gas tank is new. All the glass is good and the panels are straight as an arrow... I'm only out a few hundred dollars so if it gets way too intense I'll just bail and turn a profit.