Choke wire

Guest DatsuNoob

Guest DatsuNoob

Can one of you guys tell me where to hook up the electric choke wire on my 76 620? I know it needs to be an ignition wire, or one that is powered when the key is in the on position? Dont know which one. Today, (with the help of Pumpkn210 we got her blowin flames out the carb, gettin closer :D) got her fired up and runs like crap, but it's a step in the right direction. I guess that's to be expected with an out-of-the-box weber.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The auto choke heater on the carb is connected to a blue wire. Look for a loose blue wire hanging just behind the carb above the throttle cable. If not connect it to the choke heater relay on the pass side fender. This relay should have 4 wires going to it, a blue (that you connect to) a black, a yellow and a white w/ blue stripe.

This relay powers the choke only if the engine is running. If the choke is connected to the ignition and the motor stalls in the driveway while you are inside warming up with a coffee, it will heat the choke and turn it off. When you go out the choke will be off, and it will be hard to re-start it. Just a thought.

Guest DatsuNoob

Yeah, Hainz, my stock carb had the elec. choke removed and a manual cable put in its place (my weber has the connection, I'm just looking for the wire to splice into). It's also an electrical nightmare. I got wires with butt connectors hangin here and there. I'm assuming the old man who owned it before me thought he was electrically inclined, and figured he didnt need them or something cause he messed with some wires near the coil. I didnt see a hanging wire on the firewall like your rig. Icehouse, yeah it's straight outta the box, brand spankin' new I figured these things need adjustments as they probably dont come pretuned. First I gotta get this thing running, it was sputtering(bad timing probably, although it was set perfectly at 10 deg. before removing the distributor to fit the header in., now who knows) Pumpkn210 will probably come over today after work, but if we can't get it would someone be able to come over and lend a hand sometime in the near future? I'll supply the beer.

I work in Puyallup, PM me and we could make arraignments, I may be laid off for the next week though :D But I would mind swinging down there, expecially if my driveline fixing my vibration problem :D