need a 4 cyl lseries running shape

i need an l series motor, 4 cyl. in arunning shape. i have the intake and exhaust, just need a running long block. budget tops out at 200+/- depending on the motor and such. l16/18/20 i just need this truck running so i can get around. the l16 in it has a bent valve that wont return. i will offer up the l16 in it for some trade value if it helps. also willing to trade fabrication work. heres a link ot my shop i own https://www.facebook.com/JapanAutoEngineering

let me know what you guys have in socal.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i would take a head too but i was just looking for simple route. and was hoping for a l18/20. and a head swap will cost me about 50-75 so if i can get a motor for 150ish then id go that route. i hate dealing with timong cams and such and hoping that the head gasket was torqued propper. 

you want a L18 then not a L20 unless you know the clutch/pressureplate size. like hope its a 200mm from already another 510

no better time than now to learn a head gasket. They EZ. just have the timming chain tool.

i already made a vedio on timming of cam How much ezer can it get?

i know how t do it all i just dont wanna 

Come get my L16 from my 68 it runs needs rear main seal. How good of runner do you want? For what?

i need it for my 521. my jetta blew up so i started driving the truck friday, sunday it was making alot of valve clatter so i pulled the vc and a lash pad had kicked out cause a valve is bent and wont return to the top. needs to run decently. i have intake and all that 

Help me pull motor and trans out of my 68 and just help me get KA in car you can have L16

when you wanan do it?

My car broke. I need it fixed

i know how t do it all i just dont wanna !!!!!!!

DREWSDIME is the man

funny... im still doing all the work. i just dont wanna deal with internal stuff right now. timing, adjusting valves adn all that if i can get a whole motor... and i did!

and yes jeff is the man.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.