VG30DETT Possible?

720_KID

You know whats sad mike? Unless I'm wrong I have the 720 4x4 at about 3200-3300lbs? Thats LIGHTER then a stock z32 TT in at about 3400lbs lol. Though the 720 would prob weight more after the swap lol a vg30dett and all its bs are like 2.5 napz's in weight. 

Add that to the curve of a twin turbo 3 liter is all wrong for a 4x4 truck. The band is pretty high I would think actually for argument sake the naturally aspired vg30de would be a better choice since its tq curve is almost linear across the board and starting low in the band vs the TT which doesnt get max tq until like 4.5-5k ish. Compared again with the napz's which get max tq before 3k. 

IDK its all moot though. We know its a silly swap, the motor is prob shot if it costs 200 bucks since thats a crack head price, the project will prob never get done etc... take the pic lol. 

Shit that's right, the KA is around 360 and the VG is under 400 pounds. Did not realize what heavy pigs the Z32s are. What's with 'sports cars' today???? They shouldn't weigh even 3,000 pounds. You need 300 hp just to lug it around.

Well you could change the rear end gearing I guess. 4.625 LSD H-233 from a WD22. Need it anyway for our theoretical wast of time.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya the biggest prob with the n/a tt swap is end value in my opinion. I could gather the parts to do a conversion cheaper then buying a TT in the same condition but the value of a n/a swapped TT will never be on par. Once someone learns its a TT swap they go, oh... lol A TT vert is prob the only z32 I would ever own again, short of a lsx on anyway ;-)

lol ya mike I bet a 4.6 would put some pep in its imaginary step. TT guys swap out their rears for n/a ones because they are higher. 
z32's complexity, cost and weight are part oft he reason I decided to go to datsuns. 

Ya the biggest prob with the n/a tt swap is end value in my opinion. I could gather the parts to do a conversion cheaper then buying a TT in the same condition but the value of a n/a swapped TT will never be on par. Once someone learns its a TT swap they go, oh... lol A TT vert is prob the only z32 I would ever own again, short of a lsx on anyway ;-)

lol ya mike I bet a 4.6 would put some pep in its imaginary step. TT guys swap out their rears for n/a ones because they are higher. 

z32's complexity, cost and weight are part oft he reason I decided to go to datsuns. 

I've still got my Z32. I love it. It's not a race car. Although, if your pockets are deep enough it can be.. lol

I still like driving them, they are fun even stock. Sold my TT and then my n/a was stolen right after I swapped the motor so that was it for me I just didnt have the stomach for it anymore.

They were the last good looking Z in my opinion. 

• Like 1