where can a guy get some rubs?

jrock4224

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i saw that thanks.... well for 2 bux i figure since its a two piece bushing ....that i need two for each corner..... i ordered 4 of each ...i hope this goes better then the 521 heater hoses...

they say 3-5 days but we will see

Yeah, 521 heater hoses have been NLA for a while.  I ordered 2 sets of 620 and A10 heater hoses about 5 years ago when they were really still available; they had to get them from 5 different locations around the country.  I also ordered 620 window squeegees then.  Not 2 years later, the squeegees were NLA, as were some of the heater hoses.   620 heater cores are also long NLA.  Forget about 520/521 ones.  The issue was that they stocked them, unbought, for 25 years, figured no one needed them since no one bought them.  Then, when the trucks hit 30 years old they started leaking.  That's the problem of a part that's a known wear item taking too long to wear out.  By the time you need to replace it, it's no longer available.

However, 521 bushings might be the same as 720 rear bushings which means there'd be more around. 

these bushing are for 720 leafs ... the one end of the 720 spring is the right one or at least serviceable .....the front one i believe is over sized on the id of the bushing .... but when u put the 720 leafs on a 521 u can use the stock 521 bushings in there place and it works great... i just would like to put new ones all around when i put these leafs that eagle adam got me on the truck .,...swapping to a 720 4x4 leafs net u a bout 1.5 inches of drop..

.the heater hoses..... i order 2 they had to get one from another location ... never showed, never would refund me the money played dumb ...this was years ago before the nissaparts.cc driftastic serivece and parts dept got started...nissanparts.cc originally started in the vintage stuff before they realized s13 and 14 parts can be marked up severally for drifters parents to pay for them and make far more money then vintage stuff....kinda where i lost touch with nissan parts... there across the freeway from me .,...we had some other not so cool dealings seperately that soured me further then the heater hose thing.......

.the heater hoses..... i order 2 they had to get one from another location ... never showed, never would refund me the money played dumb ...this was years ago before the nissaparts.cc driftastic serivece and parts dept got started...nissanparts.cc originally started in the vintage stuff before they realized s13 and 14 parts can be marked up severally for drifters parents to pay for them and make far more money then vintage stuff....kinda where i lost touch with nissan parts... there across the freeway from me .,...we had some other not so cool dealings seperately that soured me further then the heater hose thing.......

Yeah ,, not to burn bridges or anything but i have had almost the same dealings with them ...( except they never took my money),, i keep reading on here,,,, and being told in person   " just go down to Nissan dealer and they can order it ,,,heck i just bought one "   ,,,, :sneaky:......( preformed heater hoses ).......   I go down there and the guy just stared at me like i was wearing a giant bowl of fruit on my head and a coconut bikini...

• 3 weeks later...

We have pretty good parts guys at my local dealership.  I've had them do all kinds of calling around to find me things, and usually they come back with NLA if its old and obscure.  My friend that owns the dealership told me that years back Nissan NA scrapped a whole warehouse full of pre '80 parts because they were tired of paying inventory tax on them. . . sad.