1980 210 with KA24E swap

My project is a 1980 datsun 210 With KA swap haha i have put alot of money into just the swap got burnt on a ka24de motor so basicly paid $450 for a 96 5spd trans with light flywheel and exedy stage 2 clutch and short shifter. I Then found a ka24e that had all bearings and seals replaced along with gaskets got it for some work and $150 came with auto tranny and auto ecu.

So the 96 5spd tranny bolted up perfect behind the 90 ka24e and since im using auto computer and ecu theres no speed gov and rev gov is up by 500rpm or soo. I have the engine and tranny installed just need to cut weld driveline and tranny mount. WIRING SUCKS!! haha i wired it through relays like diagram shows but only thing that kicks on is power wires from ecu no computer lights or fuel pump like injector wires have power when keys in on position. anyway here is some pics still currenty working on car.

I NEED s13 ka24e ignition coil and ignitor $131 new :(

media_1358761943630_zps227edd87.jpg

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/

b561/imadriftking/80%20Datsun%20210%20with%20KA24E%20Swap/IMG124_zps57310317.jpg

media_1358762020809_zpse3c8c56e.jpg

media_1358761871949_zpsdff0bca0.jpg

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think u should use another method of motor mounts as i life in BFE and had to go wit what i got so as you can see in this pick i used stock datsun mounts and bolted it in the back two block holes from where 240 mount bolts up because they use 4 so use rear ill explain later. AND DONT MIND MOUNT POSITION ON THIS PIC the other side was not in at the time and also u can see i drilled a new hole because motor needed to be over a little

IMG156_zps2ad24709.jpg

Okay on the passenger side use same datsun mounts and no need for drilling. What i had to do was cut and bend in mount to fit starter it was too long and stock datsun mounts come off as a bar and 240 mounts like a j so starter wouldnt fit. YES THERE IS ROOM INBETWEEN STARTER AND MOUNT just cant see in pic also found out hard way u must put in starter b4 the mount :)

IMG156_zps2ad24709.jpg

OKAY so the reason for using back two holes from motor mount bolts in is because 1 on passenger side 240 front mount is lower on the front two bolts. and 2nd it gave room for pan so u dont have to mod that pic shows back of oil pan clearing no need to flip cross member still have to mod sway bar highly havent done that yet though

IMG160_zps0f8c1b2c.jpg

Stock 210 radiators are huge. The A/C versions are big enough to cool a KA, though the standard versions are not big enough.

Good to know as that is what I'm already running. :thumbup:

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...