Meet Violet my 710 Vg 30

710Hippy

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a place in my heart for VG30DE's. There is also 2 places in my garage.

yes i wanted to be different i had only seen the de done once in a 510 couldnt find a 710 with it so i was like why not i love the sohc but the dohc was a whim hahahaha

Looks like the later round style injectors. Major score there!

really!!! sweet to be honest i dont know much about this engine im learning more as this build goes on but i mainly only know some of the l series im still relitivly new to datsuns

Well, the square style are pintle style injectors and fail all the time. Being the location of the injectors it's a major bitch to replace failed injectors.. The new round style are pintle-less and are much less susceptible to failure and are more desirable. You probably have a new style CAS too. Is it round or square? I don't believe there was much change here either way.

If you don't have a harness then get a hold of the guys at wireingspecialties.com They have an upgraded harness that is about the same cost a OEM one.

Well, the square style are pintle style injectors and fail all the time. Being the location of the injectors it's a major bitch to replace failed injectors.. The new round style are pintle-less and are much less susceptible to failure and are more desirable. You probably have a new style CAS too. Is it round or square? I don't believe there was much change here either way.

If you don't have a harness then get a hold of the guys at wireingspecialties.com They have an upgraded harness that is about the same cost a OEM one.

Still new with terms too cas? and you have just helped so much i dont have the harness i was gunna pluck it from the junkyard but i would much rather buy new

Crank Angle Sensor it's up on the far right cam.

New harness are spendy, but it really is the way to go just because the engine bay with a VG gets so hot all the connectors crack to pieces. You will have horrible electrical issues.. I see it all the time with Z32's.

Crank Angle Sensor it's up on the far right cam.

New harness are spendy, but it really is the way to go just because the engine bay with a VG gets so hot all the connectors crack to pieces. You will have horrible electrical issues.. I see it all the time with Z32's.

oh next time im out t the motor i will check and as far as the harness new is the better way to go

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...