I have questions need ur guys help.

Agent-Gambit

Can anybody explain to me what I would need to change to swap an sr20 in my 510(suspension tranny and all that good stuff)? About How much hp would I get on wheels if it's stock. How would the gas be? Also how much money am I looking on spending to doing this swap and getting that engine? Last thing what would be better an sr20 or the ka24?

Friends I just want ideas for the future. I just wanna know what ima be aiming in spending and to get an idea of what I have to do.

Thanks.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is probably the most swapped non L-series engine in a Datsun 510. There's are hundreds of threads with info in them... The search button and Google is your friend.

Every question you've asked has been answered a vast multitude of times.

If you're this lazy in looking for info, you're too lazy to finish the swap.

I like this one

Stalin once said, Have a man with a proplem. Get rid of the Man. You get rid of the proplem.

For swaps is RESOURCES!!!!!!!!!!!! Most 510 /Datsun ownser dont have the tools money and knowledge to finnish alot of these things if a proplem arises.Key is lots ofGOOD friends with RESOURCES. I mean GOOD friends.

Best to save and buy one that is done and just learn how to keep a L motor alive till you get more comfortable working on old cars. then transisition to newer electronic ignition type cars. OBD systems

I like this one

Stalin once said, Have a man with a proplem. Get rid of the Man. You get rid of the proplem.

For swaps is RESOURCES!!!!!!!!!!!! Most 510 /Datsun ownser dont have the tools money and knowledge to finnish alot of these things if a proplem arises.Key is lots ofGOOD friends with RESOURCES. I mean GOOD friends.

Best to save and buy one that is done and just learn how to keep a L motor alive till you get more comfortable working on old cars. then transisition to newer electronic ignition type cars. OBD systems

Hainz is right.  I drove the worn out L series for a year, rebuilt the carb, then rebuilt the engine, then added a 5 speed, then added dual carbs.  Then and only then after Countless hours of research online and careful planning and saving was I able to swap an Sr20det into my 620.  You dont need friends however, I did mine all Alone.   You Need lots of Money and Lots more patience.