well after almost 2 years of not being able to work on my mazda due to lack of space in the shop, there is finally enough room to start on it. the motor blew up on me so i had to park it. it still is real tight quarters but once i clean up and move stuff around, ill have plenty of space.

i started tearing it apart last night. i am shooting for trailering it to DOA on labor day weekend as a roller. the cab is coming off this weekend so i can start on the 2" stock floor so itll lay door(already has a 3.5" traditional bodydrop). it will also be getting a 4 link with bags over bars. i will be sheetmetaling all the engine compartment with tubs also. after the show, im gonna put the rotary in and finish up everything else and am shooting for spring to have it completed.

P1030004.jpg

P1030007.jpg

P1030013.jpg

P1030015.jpg

the front bags are getting redone due to the hack job the previous owner did. tip: never buy someones half finished project

P1030005.jpg

all those fittings were just to get the schrader valve in there to roll it around the shop.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i forgot i was gonna post those pics on here. i had posted all of mine on SSM but ill put em on here too. DOA is the last weekend of august. i dont think im gonna make it to Dropzone this year due to funds. its hard to drive 4 hours for a 1 day show. im going to the Visions show, DOA, and try to make it to Summer Slam this year.

....looks like you have a ton of projects based on some of those pics.

those pics dont even show half the projects in there. there is a '69 1/2 Superbee, 2 '63 Fairlady Roadsters, an old nostalgic drag boat, late model 4 race car, '71 el camino and dump truck. not to mention my NL and my dads "scarab" Z, 2 510s, and 2 race car frames all at different locations and shops.