okay okay, i've changed my mind again....

i'm going to sell my soul(or at least everything unimportant that i own, so be checking the FOR SALE sect) and put a ka24de into my dime. where can i find a detailed list of everything i will need to do to make it fit in perfect? i'll probably just do it the slop way and use the normal wiring harness, unless someone knows where to get it done for helluh cheap... haha.

any and all help would be good. main concerns are things like will i be able to use my stock fuel system? and how about the radiator, how will that hold up with the KA? anyone know where to get a driveline shortened? helppppppp.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i was going to use my fiero rad. i know a lot of guys use corolla rads or you can just buy a griffin some guys like vr6 rads. you will need to flip the cross member and get an electric fuel pump and a cable operated gas pedal ( 620 hl 510 210) any of those will have one. electric fan a fuse block some relay's this diagram http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=549 i know there is more but it is late and my brain is not working:confused:

If a KA24 the intake and throttle body is way over to the front on the pass side. No way will a 620 work they're only foot and a half long.

Use one from a KA powered D-21, 240sx, WD-21 if at all possible. An older '80-'83 200sx might work too. In a pinch a 720 may reach and the 720 with cruise control has a throttle extension cable that will... pretty ratsun though.

Lets take this slow. One question at a time.

Impulse engine swaps usually end up as adandoned projects. I am sure that is not what you want to happen to your beloved 510.

main concerns are things like will i be able to use my stock fuel system?helppppppp.

Do you understand the basic principles of electronic fuel injection (EFI)?

You will need to, in order to make your KA powered 510 run.

If you are serious about the swap, get a Nissan FSM for the car you are taking the motor from (240sx) and study it. There are chapters on all aspects of the EFI, as well as detailed wiring diagrams. Once you are familliar and comfortable with them, then start collecting parts and chopping up your car.

Poppycock Mark, I say! Just know what you're getting into before you spend one dime on parts. Don't buy a bunch of shit and then realize it was too much for you to take on. My swap was pretty involved but I had a lot of ratsun members to help me and it went smooth.

Do your homework like bastard said!!!

I know buddy, just giving ya a hard time. I researched my swap for a long time before I did it, and if it wasn't for the fact that Ice had recently done one; I wouldn't have done it. And ask him, I called him at least once a day with questions.

ohhhhhkay wait a second. can't i just use the stock 240sx wiring harness and feed it through the firewall? sure it would be sketch, but would it work? could mount the ecu and the wiring behind my dash, or just stuff it all in the glove box.

i know there's a lot of stuff in it. i swapped another KA into my old s13 coupe.

If a KA24 the intake and throttle body is way over to the front on the pass side. No way will a 620 work they're only foot and a half long.

Use one from a KA powered D-21, 240sx, WD-21 if at all possible. An older '80-'83 200sx might work too. In a pinch a 720 may reach and the 720 with cruise control has a throttle extension cable that will... pretty ratsun though.

oops i did not mean the cable i was talking about using the pedal

ohhhhhkay wait a second. can't i just use the stock 240sx wiring harness and feed it through the firewall? sure it would be sketch, but would it work? could mount the ecu and the wiring behind my dash, or just stuff it all in the glove box.

i know there's a lot of stuff in it. i swapped another KA into my old s13 coupe.

didnt you read ice houses thread http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=549 its 8 wires:)