My Jeep is on crack...

Thats cool...the old man that owned mine before towed it behind his motor home too.

I think the yota guys say more jeeps get stuck cause theres more out there to get stuck cause there a better rig off road....why did the military use them and still do??? hmmm there just in denial

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

no but seriously jeeps are pretty cool and I have seen just as many off road capable jeeps as I have seen toyotas It just comes down to personal preference but I have no problem wheeling with anybody......

just gotta give those jeep guys crap once in a while:lol:

It's cool we can handle it :fu:

Went out for a little light trail riding to scout for our memorial weekend camping spot. I got a little carried away and ripped my steering box off the frame. I''ll have some pic's up soon :D

That sucks big time. What did you do to get home? or did you just tear the frame a bit.

OOH about the joking...its all in fun I really don't care either as long as were all having fun....sometimes its the best to have something break down so or get stuck so we have something to do.

Using 2 or 3 ratchet straps, a come-a-long and my winch cable I strapped it back to the frame and drove it home (well to my moms home about 45 miles from the trailhead) :D

Soon as Nuff gets up I'm sure he'll have pic's.

We were east of Marblemount off Hwy 20 scouting for campsites....it was supposed to just be some trail riding...no wheelin, I got a little carried away 😛

It was actually the cast mount that broke, the frame is fine. I ordered up one of these to replace it.

sm1.thumb.jpg.96c6ff37683027def6287aec80b3617c.jpg

1/2" plate...of beef 😄

theres nothing like ending a day of light wheeling (wouldnt of used 4wd if it wernt for snow) like having one guy with no steering and 1 guy stuck in 1st to start the trip home:D

i had a problem too yesterday....

couldnt rip my lil plastic mirror off and my metal one decided to carry about 20ft of a tree for a half mile.:cool:

and i wore addias to hike in snow:blink:

• 3 weeks later...

I plan to make that trip after the complete rebuild, I'll definitly let you know.

I hafta get the datto done first. So....the jeep keeps getting patched back together for now.

Finally went and pick up the Jeep (me = slacker). The damage was a bit more than I first though. I didn't get a pic but I tore the passenger shackle mount off of the frame and a bit of the frame as well :eek:

I got it patched up though. I also boxed the front section of frame above the mounts and re-inforced the mounts. We'll just see what fails next 😄

Oh FYI for earlyish CJ owners. That bracket from Sams Offroad is not a 'bolt on' affair, but hey that's jeeps for ya. The bracket requires some modification and you have to drill all but one mount hole in the frame 😛

Anyways more pic's. I'm actually further along than the pic's but the camera is on a business trip.

j38.jpg.c615b192ab7dddc41c01ab6afd6073c9.jpg

j39.jpg.0df826610df130e4c8c329e10d168dfc.jpg

j40.jpg.ee894f71f9545e6d7784a31c25f6f85b.jpg

j41.jpg.e825d4ece6ebc32cffb3c16a95719dfd.jpg

j42.jpg.878bdee822b464d93d9148926c48f2eb.jpg

j43.jpg.c62dad75e5d859b37cef0f329282ae64.jpg

Peice of my cut down winch plate, it's 1/4" and fit with only one cut. 🙂

j44.jpg.9d8fd48c3996260660ad163326b4f68e.jpg

Reinforcment plates for the shackle mount and frame.

j45.jpg.d7df7bf29847a8e86d3d8d6ae315ebe8.jpg

j46.jpg.a8b8ac889065c6c2ece978c08aa966d5.jpg

j47.jpg.798bf0e8a7c3d970329e0cbc4b65718c.jpg

j48.jpg.b23ea28d166852bf7c51620aa34f5d46.jpg

j18x.jpg.e49fe2b8573ab9f3cea4bef0b746555e.jpg

....and here's a pic of the steering box cross brace.

j49.jpg.ad48d8fbdfed6e5191afb92f0d9ce1f6.jpg

Ok, back to it 🙂

your F'n done right?

only got 8 days till it has to work.

i bet the next thing that goes will be a tranny. its been a while sence you blew up one of those :fu:

course when im towin you home is when my diff will blow up :rolleyes:

Yep, all fixed up.

I have a few misc. parts coming in and I'm gonna pick up another radiator from pull-a-part on Wed. I figure it's about time I put one in there that hasn't been field repaired 3 times :P

It's nice that I'm gonna actually be able to take care of a few maintainence issues instead of major R & R for this year's Memorial activities. Last year was the motor and clutch :D

We'll bring that spare diff for ya ;)