HP???

73DATSON

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen I love having a L motor in my DATTO but its costing a lot of money just to get to 200hp??? And like I said before rotary sounds different .. BRAP,BRAP,BRAP.... LOLOL...

Ls are old tech, it's like retrofitting an old radio with a input jack to play your ipod, why do that when you can buy a dock for cheap? 

Nothing in the world will sing like a high revving L though. Much like the VQ, L's have a distinct sound. 

No idea what I'm putting out. Based on the condition of my L20b, I'm probably putting out about 80hp.

With a rebuild and a few simple mods I'm shooting for 125hp n/a and eventually 175+ supercharged.

Yes, I think I'm @100 now????? Hoping for 125hp when I'm done with the cam and tuning.
VQ??? Don't know what that is?? But ur right my L with the sidedrafts sound WICKED;-)) that's why I'm putting in a big CAM....

Awww man... you're gonna be in for a treat. 

Have you heard a 350z, or a G35? They sound really different from every other V6. 

The VQ is the powerplant for these things.

Yes, I think I'm @100 now?????

dyno that now for us.

I bet your at 85-93 at the rear wheel.

datsun510.com had specs of what people had a made a list. the numbers were alot lower that people think.

I cant remember even the rear diff gear ratio can change the output level.

But Byron 510 said he had a LZ hybrid bolt together from junkyard lower end with sidedrafts and got 138hp at the rear wheels. Rear diff was 4.38. I aasume the head was a privous one he had but not positive if it was just a stock U67.

a stock L16 is under 70hp to the ground.

To get another 30hp to the ground on a L motor is alot norm asperated even if its a L20

Jeff Hinos SR20 was 185 low end and Max 200hp  and was a Turbo. ON his RisinSun 4 dr when he dyno it at Drift Office