A10's U-nite !!!!

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Incase anyone missed it.... I spotted a convertible 1983 Datsun 280zx Turbo. Yes. Convertible. Spotted in Tacoma Pick n Pull. Also had a fiberglassed rear end. Digital dash too.

PXbuBRg.jpg

5tckRlV.jpg

UmHMpWB.jpg

qzhPtr7.jpg

cYqC7R3.jpg

TQmTaR6.jpg

It was turbo, but the entire head, intake, and exhaust were missing so I could not verify this...

• Like 1

Ooohh it was that one ,, if that guy had told me he was selling it to the scrap yard i would have payed more than them just for the extra engine parts.. :sneaky:  I Was just hoping to score the injectors mostly.. Dash does have 140,000 les miles on the odometer however :devil:

FWIW That little badge on the console comes off with a pop of a flat blade..

• Like 1

That Z car is hideous. 

I hate your guts. God dned blasphemy, flatcat hahahaha!! How good of condition is the hood ?

Cry me a river. Bwahahaha. Kidding.

Every single one of you, minus Datholic, knew this was happening. 

I PM'd all of you. Gaye ya'll the chance to claim parts. 

I was even in talks with DFreak and DMike about a game plan for new car involving the things needed from mine. 

Still on the hunt for a front sump L-series oil pan and pickup. 

Maybe the mounts too. 

Hood-the hood is in great shape. Best body panel on the whole car. 

I'll be in Portland Nov. 8th thru 10th. Choo, choo. 

ill paypal yah for the shroud when i get home! 

on another note, what about the other seat? ;)

All seats were killed with fire. 

Same with the carpet and padding. 

The only padding I kept was the big removable one that was under the carpet in the cargo area.

I gave someone else the chance to get at the seats on a parts trade-but never got a response.

No time to waste.  Sorry.

.........and is the driver side fender up for grabs? 

Both fenders are rusted in the corners and hit in the front. 

You don't want them. 

I do have every piece of glass minus the windshield. 

You wagon owners should pool together and buy them. 

Finding glass for 30+ year old cars gets expensive fast!

Johnny Knez / Ken Critchfield with the M/C Datsun 1800J SSS at the 1981 Castrol 3 Hour at Killarney. This car ran an L28 with 3 DCOE40 webers.

johhny-knez-ken-critchfield-1800j-1981-2

Hennie van der Linde / Brian Cooke drove the #5 Datsun 1800J SSS during the 1979 Wynns 1000km at Kyalami. DNF.

h-v-d-linde-b-cooke-1979-wynns-1000km-20

i was thinking of buying a car for a new daily cause my wagon aint doing so hot.... actually its too hot, heh. then keep my 510 as a project and put money in to it slowly. but i have decided to say fuck that, going to start buying shit when i get payed this friday. 

going to replace a bunch of shit, how would i check if i need to replace the water pump? i dont think i do, but it would be nice to figure that out. making a shopping list as i post this  ;)

i was thinking of buying a car for a new daily cause my wagon aint doing so hot.... actually its too hot, heh. then keep my 510 as a project and put money in to it slowly. but i have decided to say fuck that, going to start buying shit when i get payed this friday. 

going to replace a bunch of shit, how would i check if i need to replace the water pump? i dont think i do, but it would be nice to figure that out. making a shopping list as i post this   ;)

check the fins on it

what is this "new datsun"?

In due time...

There are some real obvious clues in my last couple of posts. 

Read more. 

going to replace a bunch of shit, how would i check if i need to replace the water pump? i dont think i do, but it would be nice to figure that out. making a shopping list as i post this   ;)

Go spin your fan. It should be stiff. 

If it spins freely, you need a new one as all the viscous oil has leaked out. 

This has already been stated a few times in this thread. 

Go spin your fan. It should be stiff. 

If it spins freely, you need a new one as all the viscous oil has leaked out. 

This has already been stated a few times in this thread. 

I already said that it is stiff, but does move slightly after i push it. i will replace that fan clutch anyway.

l20b_zps0c9e8877.jpg

what is the thing i circled btw. i need to rtv that bitch i believe, its leaking oil and hitting the fan and its making a mess haha. i dont think it has a gasket

Giggity?

I thought the same thing. lulz. 

Would "firm" had been any better?

610 or 710  :rolleyes:

You are a number or 2 off. 

If I was getting a 610 or a 710, I wouldn't need a cross member to fit an L. 

Look. That was a clue. 

Joke`s on you guys it`s not a car at all he traded his A10 in on a menstrual cycle.

Funny thing is, short of the few guys that were in person when the deal was struck-you were the first person I had told. 

• Like 1