A10's U-nite !!!!

Probably the very early ones. Would have had 'Datsun' on the horn pad, '73?-'74 said 'Nissan'. Early had 3  round holes in the spokes later were square? May have some of this backwards so will check tonight.  

Don't care for the thin hard wheels if doing a lot of driving.... hands get 'bruised' from gripping and armstronging the steering. I know it sounds wussy, but it does and just adds to driver fatigue. Later (post '70s) thicker and padded ones are much better. To hell with looks on after market if they are a pain in the ass to live with.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually ordered that myself last week with my latest string of replacement parts and tune up necessities.

Anyone here lower an A10? Can they stil use 280zx struts? What about springs? Rotors? Wheel interference with rotors? Steering issues? Use different tie rods?

You can't use the zx spring, it's too large a diameter and will not fit up into the strut tower. You can use the A10 spring and lower spring perch. Just cut them off the old A10 struts and fit onto the zx ones. You could weld them back on (but that's too permanent, also what if you want to adjust the ride height again?) Split collars are about $25 a pair and allow adjustments.

Probably a good time to think about trimming the spring to increase the spring rate. A lowered car needs to have a stiffer spring and not just to reduce the chance of bottoming out. Factory springs are 'soft' to not offend the majority of drivers... it's a compromise towards comfort and not performance/handling.

You use the A10 tie rods, the A10 steering knuckle bolts to the bottom of the zx struts.

Off beat, Anyone know of any aftermarket cams?

Can the Earlier gen 510 cams be used in the A10's? (even AfterMarket?)

You could fit any L series 4 cylinder cam into your L20B but why would you? The L20B cam is the best stock cam and is almost identical to the L16SSS cam. After market? knock yourself out.

Thanks mike for the helpful info. Now, I've heard to out the left strut on the right, and the right on the left.... Correct or bogus? Also, if I trim the perch and lower it couldn't it interfere with my tire if I go too low?

i did it. 

Thanks mike for the helpful info. Now, I've heard to out the left strut on the right, and the right on the left.... Correct or bogus? Also, if I trim the perch and lower it couldn't it interfere with my tire if I go too low?

Its doesnt really matter. i put mine on normally. and yes it will hit. the spring will be the problem if you go lower than me.

you must have been absent when i posted that i did this a while back

SchoolEndOfYear-Camping010_zps61831da3.j[/url]

If your zx brake pads are new no problem but when they get worn down the caliper 'rubs' the steering... something. Swapping L to R places the caliper to the fronts of the wheel away from this and there is no problem. I plan to do this the next time I have mine off. Going to try thicker damper oil.

The A10 spring and lower perch is a smaller diameter and should clear. If you are removing a coil to stiffen the spring rate there will be even more clearance.

I think the zx moves the tires in 3/4" so moving the rim out will just put it back where it should be.

only 1/2" but thats what im saying. i dont remember exactly but the XZ struts have brought my car down about 1 1/4"-1 1/2" from the A10 strut/coilovers my dad and i made

If i stretched the tires a little bit, i probably could clear the spring and perch

FAT510,, why does the perch look like a green blob of marshmellows??

you painted it  :rofl:

low offset wheeeeels. im lower then fat510 and i have no problem with hitting

my wheels are 0 offset. you run like pizza cutter libres though lol

thats very true haha they are 14x5.5 xD thats why i want 15x10's

:rofl:  :rofl:

dude, thats so wide...i want it  :w00t: some wicked stretch

you're gunna have to raise it back up for those though lol