Y-44 Nissan carburetor replacement or carb kit!

1956 ford

Hi i am new to the trend and want to ask you guys a question about a car I have. I have a 1973 Nissan President and in need to rebuild the carb and or replace it but what size (Holley) should I go with I have questioned carb shops here in the US and no one has ever seen or heard of one so hope you guys can put me in the right direction! With the research I did I was thinking of a Holley 390CFM is this correct? Or maybe a rebuild kit for the one I have? I think the carb on the car is a Hatachi KHA-342-IE?  The car is a 4.4 liter..Thanks Craig:)

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Nissan President was the ancestor of the Infiniti V8 series. Try your local Infiniti dealer's parts counter. If the counter isn't a new hire you might get a search in their parts book and find an exact replacement, equivalent current production unit or a rebuils kit. Some dealer parts and repair guys do look forward to a hallenge.

I have a 1965 nissan Cedric and parts are nearly unobtanium for it.... good luck on that.  yahoo auctions japan is your best bet, but i will ask my friend at Nissan Archives if there is a president group or club in Japan to help you.... 

would love to hear the history of this car... US military import?

Infiniti old timers won't know anything about it. Infiniti started in 1989, the car is 1973. Fact is that carburetor was never sold in USA.

Do a carb conversion like many of us have done. We even make our own adapters.

Or rebuild the original carburetor. We make gaskets from gasket stock. The fuel inlet valve (if needed) may be a stock Nissan item.

Thanks Guys I went on the Holley web site and punched in some numbers and came up with a 390cfm carb. I also checked the bolt pattern and it matches with the Holley I know you guys wanted the history on the car, the car is not here in the USA it is the Philippines I have been living there for about 8 years now my wife got relocated there with her job and I met a friend there that has two of these cars and still all original he bought the cars from a wealthy guy there that had them imported I think these are the only ones there to be honest we tried to surplus parts from japan but have found nothing online about it. I will find the pictures of the car and post them it is a nice looking car the second one is tucked away in a warehouse there has not been seen for years:) but I think it is a little older that one is missing the carb so if I get this one back on the street maybe we can do the same with the other one:)