what is a "locked topic"?

...... I do find it to be somewhat curious that a person who owns 3 or 4 vintage Datsuns, all of which were manufactured 100% in Asia, would  consider outsourcing service on a few parts to pose a moral dilemna.

Mike   

Really???

There is a HUGE difference between shipping our parts and money to Asia for "services" and buying 30+ year old cars a scouring local junk yards & networking with fellow gearheads for parts. Regardless of origin.   

Other than buying from a company that makes their "stuff" 100% state side, buying ANYTHING pre-owned/used is the best thing you can do for your "local" economy.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't imagine what could have resulted in the topic being locked, unless a "mod" is in the chrome plating industry and doesn't want to allow competition.

Staff makes its decisions based off what is best for the forum and community.

It could have something to do with the fact that you have 7 posts. But when you put up your add for services you had 1 post. 

And I think the overseas thing might have something to do with it as well.

^^ this.

we are wary of any member or service that may cause us (the staff) a headache

by having possible issues with customers (forum members).

we have not had good past transactions with parts/service from Vietnam.

which makes a cluster fuck for us (the staff) to clean up and do damage control.

and you have no photos of work, examples of customer satisfaction,

and we as a community have no idea who you are.

SKIB??????

yes?

I think it was stated here before. Ratsun.net is not a democracy. It tries to be a benevolent dictatorship.

fact.

2. When somebody new shows up to the forum and one of their first posts is advertising a service, the members feel like it is spam.

again... this.

so number 4 can go fuck itself right now LOL.

yes. fuck 4.

No no no no. Heres how we lock it. I say we destroy all guns. Give everyone catapults, and see the shenanigans. 

Not sleeping sucks, people better watch out on here, doctor put me on new meds to sleep LOL...dont know what kind of crazy posts i will be making tonight. 

oh ya me too casue i feel like having a reason to be an ass to lol...stay off ratsun if you are completly aware that it might make you say stupid shit and you dont want to offend ppl... me i dont care if i offend ppl lol

When I said Skib?? 

That was for you to step in and do what you just did. I'm sure he is a nice enough guy but ya never know. He didn't answer my question about anyone here in So Cal that he has helped.

Is he a member of any of the Z car clubs here in So Cal?

He also posted a few pictures.

He got off on the wrong foot.. I'll give him that. He didn't know better.

I don't think we should run him off because we all know how many people have a chub over this thread:

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/46007-reproduction-badges-from-silicone-moulds/page-9

I must deduct

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/46007-reproduction-badges-from-silicone-moulds/page-9

+

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/50225-affordable-chrome-plating/

=

win_497530.jpg

I'm satisfied. My questions were answered and I have the information that I need......thanks to all of you. I appreciate the occassional inclusion of levity as well. 

Mike

Mike,

I think if you had joined the forum, shared pics and info on your Z car and became a member of our community, then maybe after a while introduced your business, we would have been more receptive. But introducing your business in the introductions forum as a first post seems like all you wanted was some free advertising. 

Just Saying~

• Like 1