My First Truck, My First Project....JT'S NAPZ BUILD

_chiefjt

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Thanks, I forgot to take pics when I put the brute padding in. It was already getting late and I was amped up to get it done. Next thing to do is the put in the ST tailgate I picked up and spray the inside of my bed. Any suggestions on bed liner or anything like that.

My suggestion is save up and have someone do it right for you, I have tried the Walmart stuff and while it is an ok product, the prep work is extensive and time consuming to do right. I just took my other truck to a rhino liner place and they did it for me. Not to mention the warranty is badass. Just my .02 cents though.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Good looking 720.  Do yourself a favor and remove the little filter from your valve cover and get a short length of hose and a plastic elbow and connect it to the bottom of your Weber air cleaner base.  I will take pictures and post tomorrow.  You will get smells in your cab while driving if you don't.

That is part of the crankcase ventilation system.  Is you PCV Valve hooked up properly?  The valve cover vent is designed to recirculate into the air cleaner.  you will smell crankcase fumes in the cab most likely in the winter when you have the windows up running the heater.  I am glad you are not smelling them now.

That is part of the crankcase ventilation system.  Is you PVC Valve hooked up properly?  The valve cover vent is designed to recirculate into the air cleaner.  you will smell crankcase fumes in the cab most likely in the winter when you have the windows up running the heater.  I am glad you are not smelling them now.

I would like to add that eventually the engine compartment will get greasy from the oil fumes coming out of that small filter, and there is nothing you will be able to do to stop it unless you either hook a tube to it and vent it below the frame rails, or connect it to the airfilter housing, which will make it greasy inside of it also.

It's an engine compartment, unless your Just Joel, it's going to get dirty, somehow the laws of physics don't work in Joels engine compartment. :lol: