620 Sealed Beam Headlight (Low Beam)

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You realize this is a part that can be bought at an auto parts store, right? Last I checked NAPA could even get the incandescents instead of the more common halogen sealed beams.

Unless you're looking for the actual Koito brand bulbs, which will be next to impossible. Most of those burned out by 1982. Yo'll see a few high beams since they aren't used as much, but the low beams have usually been replaced 5 to 10 times over.

My 1967 Datsun still has 3 of the 4 original Toshiba headlights, all working like champs. The 4th was cracked in a parking lot screwup [the other car's, not mine] and so far has been replaced 3 times with "good old American made" Sylvania bulbs. Some things are well made from the day one, then there's Sylvania. If I ever see a Toshiba Hi-Lo bulb in the JY I would have no hesitation in plugging it into my 411.

With incandescent headlamps, like all incandescent lamps, the life is inversely proportional to the brightness. If you want long lamp life, make then not as bright. Want a really bright lights out of them, you will shorten the life expectancy.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.