complete zx strut assembly, calipers and m/c $150 obo

okay so i have a 521 with a l20b in it with electronic ignition. so i blew a head gasket a while back and long story short i got it all fixed. kinda. my issue is that i dont get any spark and i didnt change anything with the distributor or coil, both are new by the way. i have everything hooked up like it was so im kind of lost i checked to see if the coil gets power and it does. all my connections are in the right spot so i was thinking maybe its a fuse or something? or is this kind of common? any input would be great guys thanks!

Make sure the points open. If they're not adjusted where they will open then no spark for you. 

Be sure you put the rotor back on, I've done that...

DSC04200.jpg

part number 54302 p9400 comes with everything you see, struts, rotors, calipers, bolts and a 15/16 master cyl. asking $75 obo and i dont want to ship these thats a lot of weight,

i am in arlington wa but can meet up within reason. i am also always up for trades, shoot me an offer.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Appears to be from an '82-'83 set up. The problem is the master is mounted with horizontal mounting bolts and does not fit most other Datsuns..

Dr.snatch only a Z car owner might want the springs. The top hat, bottom spring perch and the spring could be removed (very carefully) to reduce shipping weight. Of course there's the bother of doing so.

Good price!!!

What are your current wants for trades?

i need a decent set of front bucket seats, something sporty but not full race. a set of headers for an l18. a nice steering wheel like a momo or grant etc the stock one i have is in ok shape but butt ugly none the less.

amp, speakers, rims, tires shit you name it i might be interested in.

Appears to be from an '82-'83 set up. The problem is the master is mounted with horizontal mounting bolts and does not fit most other Datsuns..

Dr.snatch only a Z car owner might want the springs. The top hat, bottom spring perch and the spring could be removed (very carefully) to reduce shipping weight. Of course there's the bother of doing so.

Good price!!!

thats good to know! it seems like a popular swap but not something i am not interested in at the moment, and no sense in parts laying un used.

hearervsstockL16-18-1.jpg

Header

lighter than the cast iron manifold.

on stock L16 may give a few hp at full RPMs

Stock manifold

is already there nothing to buy or modify on your stock system

fits perfectly, does not leak, rattle or rub.

never comes loose every 3 months.

quieter

better set up for carburetor warmed air

Generally a pain in the ass to install and you paid $50 and up per 2-3 hp gained that you won't feel on the ass dyno. Not worth it. In 6 months it will be all rusty unless you spend $200-$300 for a good set or cheap ones and $100- $150 to have them ceramic coated. To be fair they can add more hp if the motor is modified with big cam, head work and multi carbs but for a near stock motor a header is just for a car show and can't be seen by anyone on the street. You would gain as much by running 1 3/4"-2" pipe back to the muffler.

Better air flow? Maybe above 5,500 RPMs. Nissan got it right with this one. It's a cast iron header really.

Check out the Chevy 305-350 exhaust

l_G3T6chevy-gmc-5-0l-5-7l-305-350-exhaust-manifold-replaces-1.jpg

Imagine exhaust banging out into that pipe and wondering which way to start going in. Is it any wonder that a set of headers gained 10-15 hp ?????

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.