First Datsun. 260z

ja1991

Hi my name is Joe, just turned 21 and i love cars. I picked up my first Datsun this week. I sold my e30, i originally wanted a 240 or early 260 but settled for an e30 and it didn't take long for me to still want a Datsun. The body is in decent shape, has 86k miles on the body, and i think 80k on the l28 and 5speed that was swapped in. Plans are to ditch the ugly 5 mpg bumper, start working on the mess that is under the dash bored. The wiring is all messed up, this week i'm going to start prepping it for paint, and then probably get around to getting interior carpet and a center console. After that i will probably focus on the stance and probably start working on piecing together a turbo for the l28. As far as i can see a lot has been done, new suspension all around, it came with 2 r200 diffs, disc brakes were swapped in the rear. New wheels tires, exhaust has been redone.

I have two pictures right now, i'll try to get more later.

joeycar3.jpg

joeycar.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol the pictures don't show the negative effects of the paint. It was a South Carolina car and the paint is really faded. i'll try to get better pics to show this. I'm going to paint it the original color.

Bro send it back. We need more dattos in South Carolina :poke:

You should give it three turbos.

Thanks for the nice replies. Im so happy to be in a 260. Is blackdragon automotive pretty reputable? I was going to order a full molded carpet set. also is it really worth it to do a power steering conversion? I've been looking at some for sale ads but im not sure if it really even needs it.

ThAnks im advance

~Joe

nah, stay away from the power steering. thats some of the fun in these cars is not having all the extra crap on em. i daily a 280z with no power anything (including brakes, my booster went out) and my girl dailies the 510 without any power steering. takes about 3 days to get used to it if you're used to having the power, then its just normal. until the day that u get into someone elses newer car and almost break someones neck backing out of the driveway cause u turned too hard :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a picture of the paint fading, also the worst part of the rust on the car. I might just fiberglass it, i've never welded but i thought about learning how to do so, just not sure if i want to learn on this car if you know what i mean.

I also gutted the car this week.

joey37.jpeg

joey38.jpeg

joey36.jpeg

I'm ordering some carbon fiber Zg Flares next week, i'm also ordering a carbon fiber BRE spoiler and the carbon fiber Victory Spoiler. Anyone know who makes the best carbon fiber flares? I've heard good things about everything from MSA except the flares they produce, although i haven't found much on there carbon fiber flares, just they fiberglass ones get bad reviews because of the bad molds.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

-Joe

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...