L20b exhaust flange gasket

So I got a head gasket kit for my 1979 620 to swap my head and the exhaust flange gasket was wrong... I do not have a mated manifold the flange is 3 bolts and the gasket that came with the kit was a 2 bolt. Oh and my manifold is a Round port non mated manifold.

Modify the other gasket??? Or what gasket is the correct one? Driving around with no gasket on the flange right now

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have 3 bolts ?,, just go to orielys and tell them you want a exhaust flange gasket for older pick-up say 74-ish

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/search/Exhaust+Pipe+to+Manifold+Gasket/06587/C0022.oap?model=620+Pickup&vi=1210105&year=1974&make=Nissan

it`s like mine then,,, the exhaust pipe is bubbled out at the end on those ,,,they don`t have a gasket it`s a compression fit.. but it`s late and i can barely see keyboard because most of the lights are off ,,, so i can`t describe any better than that right now..

• Like 1

It's a different 3 bolt one. This one is round with only one pipe out. I found some pics th show them. Hopefully they can figure it out

3 bolts, but only one tube...?

The one I sold you is a 3-Bolt....Two tubes(Y-Pipe)

The BIG single pipe does not have a gasket...if its like the one out of my 79...510

The pipe slips in the manifold about a 1/4 inch...tight fit...?

Kind of OT, but I have a FelPro gasket for the two-hole, Y pipe style, 3 bolt in the package. Might save someone some time if they go looking for the part to have the number. The FelPro number is 25560, "Future No," 12-1169 Package says "Nissan (Datsun) 4, L16, L18, L24 Eng. 1968-75".

Len

i used a donut looking thing for mine i got it from the muffler shop. its a compression fit like banana said, i think they are actually called muffler bearings lol. i remember seeing a pic somewhere of one and it was a nissan part and it was labeled muffler bearing.

i used a donut looking thing for mine i got it from the muffler shop. its a compression fit like banana said, i think they are actually called muffler bearings lol. i remember seeing a pic somewhere of one and it was a nissan part and it was labeled muffler bearing.

:w00t: :rofl: Facepalm