WTB L16/L18 Distributor + Pedestal. SoCal

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont get this one?

Looking for a L16/18 dizzy but has a L20 one for sale?.

Most L16s 70/73 are dual point(throw them in the trash)

Simple use the L20 dizzy with the mount!!!!!!!!All are single point or the EI type

Please Hammer Don't Hurt 'Em

Well, maybe he's looking for one to put a Pertronix in. Though a stock L18 one isn't really any different from the L20B one he has- '74-77 were all large-cap, single point dists. Though the '74-75 ones SOMETIMES don't have the shaft boss. And a stock 70-73 dist was dual point so you couldn't put a Pertronix in anyway.

Need to be more specific.

I've seen nbesheer's 610 personally; a very nice 610 coupe I might add.

Somewhere along the way, this car got some crap parts (28/32 Nikki carb, some kind of freak rebuild on stock-ish distributor(which has a worn bottom end, doesn't engage the drive gear properly)) I had suggested to him that he ask the forum for either a L16 or L18 dizzy with the proper pedestal.

As far as I know, he wants to keep it stock for now, to get it running (please note the "working" part of his request) With everyone having electronic ignition, the thought was that someone out there has a single point dizzy for sale. I have a frankenstein dizzy in my parts car, no good for nbesheer. I told him the one he has is *maybe* from an L20, but I couldn't be sure. Once again, freak parts.

Let's help, not kick, this car while it's down.

I've seen nbesheer's 610 personally; a very nice 610 coupe I might add.

Somewhere along the way, this car got some crap parts (28/32 Nikki carb, some kind of freak rebuild on stock-ish distributor(which has a worn bottom end, doesn't engage the drive gear properly)) I had suggested to him that he ask the forum for either a L16 or L18 dizzy with the proper pedestal.

As far as I know, he wants to keep it stock for now, to get it running (please note the "working" part of his request) With everyone having electronic ignition, the thought was that someone out there has a single point dizzy for sale. I have a frankenstein dizzy in my parts car, no good for nbesheer. I told him the one he has is *maybe* from an L20, but I couldn't be sure. Once again, freak parts.

Let's help, not kick, this car while it's down.

So what do you need again? A dizzy with drive gear or the slotted (key) type.I have a few different ones.(point type)

So what do you need again? A dizzy with drive gear or the slotted (key) type.I have a few different ones.(point type)

Slotted Key type, single point, if possible. Thanks jefe

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.